Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. I’d like to show you a quick and easy way to make an interactive gift tag. If you have a white gift bag, you can even decorate the bag to match. Let’s get started!
1. Die cut the following pieces:
- Tags & More 4 – Flourish – red cardstock 2-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and white cardstock 2″ x 4″
- Tags & More 4 – Flourish 2 corners from Basic Black Shimmer Sheetz (not shown in photo below)
- Candle (solid & overlay) from Basic Black and Imperial Garnet Shimmer Sheetz that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive applied
- Candle flame from Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive applied
2. Using Tags & More 4- Flourish companion pieces (see photo below)
- Die cut a slot into the tag near the bottom left corner.
- Die cut 2 circle reinforcement from Imperial Garnet Shimmer Sheetz.
3. Place “Happy Birthday” peel-off onto tag. Tip: leave enough room to write “To” & “From”.
4. Place a small piece of foam adhesive onto one circle reinforcement from step 2 and place it on the back side of tag into the slot. Tip: make sure the foam adhesive slides easily in the open slot. Place the second circle reinforcement on top of the foam adhesive.
5. Adhere Candle layers from step 1 together. Adhere to circle reinforcement.
6. Adhere both corner pieces from step 1 to bottom corners of white tag.
7. Place foam adhesive on the back of the white tag, avoiding the slot area. Adhere white tag to red tag.
8. Add ribbon through hole on top.
9. Watch the Candle move back and forth.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
cardstock: red & white