Hello! This is Selma Stevenson today with a popup card I decorated with several of Susan’s CountryScapes dies.The flowers:
1. The Hollyhock die is only 4 inches tall and fits so well on any card or project. These flowers come in a variety of colors so you can create a garden of many colors of hollyhocks. For my card today, I chose to use the deep burgundy flowers. Susan has a great variety of CountryScapes dies to help create beautiful scenes around your flowers. I used the birdhouse and grass from the CountryScapes – Woods 2 die set on the right side of the card. The cute little birds were die cut from the CountryScapes – Critters 2 set. See Susan’s various video tutorials on shaping petals and leaves for different kinds of flowers as well as CountryScapes scenes like the birdhouse and grass on the ECD YouTube channel HERE.
Creating the card:
2. When this card is standing open, it measures 5-1/2″ x 4″. When it is closed flat, it measures 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, so it will be easy to mail.
3. Cut white cardstock 5-1/2″ x 11″. Score down the center at 5-1/2″ and 1-1/2″ from each end. Once scored, fold the card in half creating a mountain fold in the center and a valley fold at the ends as shown below.
4. To create the popup, cut white cardstock 5-1/2″ square. Score it 1-1/2″ from one end. Place the little tabs on the Lorna Label PopUp die right on the score line and die cut. When all the score lines are pressed out, it will look like the photo below.
5. As shown below, using the same deep burgandy cardstock that was used for the Hollyhocks, die cut the flat Lorna Label and adhere to the popup Lorna Label.
6. Use the two smaller Lorna Label dies in this die set to cut a smaller label with the stitch lines. The inside die does not cut a label but it creates stitch lines as per photo below. Using black cardstock with Transparent Double-Sided Tape on the back, die cut the Hello and adhere it to the label.
7. The photo below shows the base card and the die cut Popup before assembly.
8. The PopUp was glued to the base card as shown below then decorated with Susan’s Hollyhock and CountryScapes dies.
I hope I have inspired you to create something pretty with Susan’s new Hollyhock and CountryScapes dies.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock: white, green, tan, burgandy