Hi, it’s Candy Spiegel here for my last post (with the exception of the Designer’s Challenge at month end) for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I have loved working with this company and I will definitely miss it.
I decided to create a bit of summer fun in this adorable stand-up card. Here’s how …
1. Cut white cardstock and Transparent Double Sided Tape to 4″ x 5-3/8″. Adhere the cardstock to one side of the adhesive. Pull off the release sheet and place it upside down in front of you. Place peel off stickers sticky side up on the release sheet as shown above. Pick up the cardstock with the adhesive attached and place it sticky side down on top of the stickers. Turn over. Remove the release sheet again and coat the entire surface with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Shake off the excess and polish.
2. Do this again with a smaller piece of cardstock and Transparent Double Sided Tape for the flowers inside the glasses.
3. Color with alcohol markers.
4. Use the Outdoor Edges die to cut a wave pattern at the top and bottom of the glittered cardstock as shown. Add dashes around the edges with a black marker. Cut yellow cardstock 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Cut stripe paper 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Adhere stripe paper to cardstock and glittered cardstock to striped paper.
5. Fussy cut small flowers. Adhere on flip flops with dimensional foam adhesive. Add Turquoise Glitter Dots to ball, glasses, flowers and the corners as shown below.
6. Cut yellow cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score at 2-3/4″, 5-1/2″ and 8-1/4″. Place Stand Up Helper on the 2-3/4″ line and run through die-cutting machine. Color the Stand Up Helper orange. Fold the card on the 5-1/2″ and 8-1/4″ score lines. Place adhesive between the 8-1/4″ score line and the end of the cardstock and adhere cardstock with peel off stickers on it. Tuck it in the “sun” Stand Up Helper.
7. Cut pattern paper 4-1/8″ x 2-1/2″ and adhere to bottom of the card. Apply Transparent Double Sided Tape to the back of Orange Shimmer Sheetz and another piece to the back of black cardstock. Cut out the letters Fun in the Sun from both the cardstock and Shimmer Sheetz. Adhere the black letters to the card base. Then, adhere the Shimmer Sheetz letters slightly to the right to create a shadow effect.
8. Cut around the leftover pieces of the sun on the sheet of peel offs. Pull off the outside of the sticker and throw away. Cut a piece of Transfer Sheet slightly larger than the sun. Peel off the sheet and place it on top of the sticker. Rub with your finger or a bone folder and carefully lift off. Place on the paper and rub again. Put the Transfer Sheet back on the release sheet and save to use again.
Thank you for allowing me to be part of the Elizabeth Crafts Designs Design Team!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock in white, black and yellow (Stampin’ Up)
Alcohol Markers (Copic)
Patterned Paper (Echo Park)
Dimensional Foam Adhesive