It’s Debra with you today. Father’s Day is tomorrow and, just in case you are still in need of a fabulous card for your beloved dad, I created a fun joy fold card using the new Maritime Peel-Offs. Coloring the peel offs with distress inks and a water brush make this unique card fast and easy to complete.
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Cut a piece of red cardstock to 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 3″ and fold with the fold on the left side. Cut a piece of gray cardstock to 3″ x 8″. Emboss gray piece with Lots of Dots embossing folder and then score at 4″ with the fold on the right. These are your card base and insert card.
2. Cut pattern paper to 4″ x 5-1/4″, a piece each of white and red cardstock to 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ and a piece of striped pattern paper to 2-3/4″ x 4″. Ink all pieces with black ink. Stamp sentiment with black ink on white piece.
3. Die cut a 4″ x 1″ piece of pattern paper with the wave die from Beach Edges.
4. Adhere the large sailboat and steering wheel peel offs to white cardstock. Color with Distress Ink markers and a water brush. Trim out finished peel offs leaving a small white edge. Add glitter dot to center of wheel.
5. Assemble the card. Adhere the pattern paper to the inside of the red card base. Add wavy border strips on top and bottom of pattern piece. Adhere striped piece to outside of short piece. Tie twine around short piece with knot on the front.
6. Adhere the white stamped piece inside the embossed gray piece and the red piece on the outside of the embossed gray piece. Add waves to bottom of front of gray piece. Add glitter dots around the edges. Adhere sailboat on foam adhesive. Cut two waves from the wave border 3 times to use as “seagulls” on the background of the gray piece around the ship.
7. With red base closed, position the closed gray piece so that it is centered and adhere the back only to the inside of the red base. Your joy fold will now open the red to the left and the gray to the right. Add the colored wheel peel off on foam adhesive at the bottom corner of the gray card to hold in the closed position.
8. Add knot, bottle, seashell peel offs and additional wavy strip to inside of gray part to complete.
This card could easily be adapted for a masculine birthday by changing the sentiment.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Pattern Paper – Authentique – Seaside
Cardstock – red, gray, white
Distress Markers- Pumice Stone, Barn Door, Chipped Sapphire