Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. My neighbor and his dog are moving to another state sparking the idea for this card. The saying goes “Home is where the heart is” and this is true, BUT our furry friends also make home feel more home – even a new home in a new state. We will certainly miss Whitney and her person. Let me show you how easy it is to make this card.
1. Cut red cardstock at 5.5 x 8.5 scored at 4.25. Place House Pivot die on the score line and die cut. (Karen has video instructions for using the House Pivot Card: House Pivot Card )
2. Cut companion House decorator pieces from different shades of red cardstock. Use the decorator house die’s built-in embossing feature by leaving the cardstock in the die after cutting, switching to an embossing sandwich and rolling through again to emboss the brick pattern. Use white cardstock for the windows.
3. From white cardstock that has Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet applied to it, die cut Pebbles. Sponge with several different hues of red ink. Cut piece to fit front and inside of card to mimic a path.
4. From black cardstock that has Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet applied to it, die cut the words “h me is where your is” and one paw print from Props 4.
5. From several shades of red cardstock die cut All Seasons Tree and several sets of flowers, one heart from Poppy the Owl and pickets from the House Pivot.
6. From red cardstock die cut Buster’s shadow layer, nose, tongue and collar. From black cardstock die cut Buster’s detail layer. Assemble Buster.
7. Assemble card as shown in photos. Add Glitter Dots around collar & for a door handle.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out for yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock – Riding Hood Red, Rose Red, Real Red, White and Black from Stampin’ Up!
Ink – Warm Red & Blush Rose Colorbox Chalk