Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. Cats certainly have lots of personality and Whiskers is no exception. Whiskers is showing off her star-spangled crown in this fun card! Let me show you how I made this card.
1. Die cut the following pieces using Accordion Star
- (2) panels from light blue cardstock
- (2) stars from peach cardstock
2. Die cut the following pieces using Fancy Seasons Frame Edges
- (8) circle Frame Edges from grey cardstock. Tip: adhere Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to cardstock prior to die cutting.
3. Die cut the following pieces from Star Fancy Frame Edges
- (4) star Frame Edges from black cardstock, keeping the little stars. Tip: adhere Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to cardstock prior to die cutting.
4. Die cut the following pieces from Whiskers the Cat
- shadow layer and whiskers from grey cardstock
- detail layer from black cardstock
- detail layer and eyes from white cardstock. Hand cut a shape from tail & feet. Cut out mouth.
- nose and collar from peach cardstock
- detail layer and (2) sets of whiskers from light blue cardstock. Trim detail layer to make a headband. Adhere both whiskers to the top of the headband.
5. Die cut the letters “CHECK MEOWT” from black and grey cardstock using Alphabet 1 – Caps.
6. Die cut (3) small stars from Turquoise Shimmer Sheetz using a companion die from Happy Birthday Pop Up.
Assemble all the pieces using photos for placement. Place Glitter Dots on Whiskers’ collar and stars on her headband. Place small black stars randomly as desired.
Optional – Since I had some extra pieces of Whiskers, I decided to put just her head on the back of my card.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to make Whiskers the star of your card!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock: light blue, peach, grey, white and black