Hi, this is Selma Stevenson today with a beautiful rose from Susan’s Garden Collection. I love to create any flower from Susan’s collection, but one of my favorite is the rose. Once created, they are so realistic, you can almost smell them. Susan has three different rose die sets. For my card today I used Susan’s Garden Rose – 1 which is the largest rose.
1. The rose was die cut using white cardstock then colored using Tattered Rose Distress Ink. A drop of the refill ink was placed on the Teflon Craft mat and water added to dilute the ink. Some of the petals were dipped in the ink, especially the petals used for the center of the rose and the rose buds. The rose buds were created with two of the largest rose petals.
2. I love to add Baby’s Breath with Roses.
3. To create Baby’s Breath, die cut the Berry Branch. The die cut branch is seen on the left. You can use the whole branch, but I cut off a portion of the bottom so it wasn’t too high behind the rose.
4. Die cut a lot of the little flowers from the CountryScapes – Flora 1 die. The flower die used is shown on the upper right corner in the picture.
5. Shape each little flower by pressing down in the center on the Flower Molding Pad with the smallest stylus from Susan’s Flower Tool Set.
6. Start gluing the little flowers to the “berry circle” on the Berry Branch. I used the self-closing tweezers from the Flower Tool Kit to pick up the tiny flowers, dipped them in glue, and pressed them down in the center with the tip of the leaf tool from the Flower Tool Kit.
7. Glue more little flowers on the stem of the Berry Branch, filling in all the open spaces. Next, let the glue dry so the flowers don’t slip around.
8. Glue additional little flowers over and on sides of the branch until you have a very full looking baby’s breath branch.
9. Die cut the Paris Edge on a 6″ x 6″ piece of white cardstock.
10. Emboss the Paris Edge die cut using the Spring Leaves Embossing Folder. Attach it to a 6″ x 6″ inch card front with the lacy side toward the bottom of the card.
11. Die cut banner, seen at the top of the card, using the Agatha Edges dies.
12. Die cut the hearts and the small ovals using the Accordion Oval Card die set. The hearts and two largest ovals were colored the same way as the rose using Tattered Rose Distress Ink. Attach the two ovals together with dimensional tape and glue to card.
13. The Sunshine and Love sentiment was stamped using black ink on white cardstock then cut out with scissors. It was glued to the card between the ovals.
14. Die cut the Small Butterfly. The solid butterfly was colored with Tattered Rose Distress Ink, then the white lacy butterfly attached on top.
I hope you have fun creating Baby’s Breath for your Susan’s Garden Roses!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Tattered Rose Distress Ink
Teflon Craft Mat