It’s Frances Byrne here. Today I am sharing a baby card that I created using one of the new Quietfire A Way with Words dies and Peel-Off Stickers.
Here’s how I created my card:
1. Creating the base card –
- Cut a piece of designer paper 5 inches square. Cut a coordinating piece of designer paper 5 inches x 1 3/4 inches. Adhere the small rectangle piece of designer paper at the top of the square piece.
- Cut a piece of white card 1 3/8 inches x 6 1/2 inches. Layer onto a piece of blue card that is 1 9/16 inches x 6 1/2 inches. Attach diagonally to the top portion of the card as per photo above, allowing for room underneath to attach pram image.
- Trim overhanging edges from sides of card.
- Layer designer paper to blue card that measures 5 1/4 inches square.
- Layer to top folded green card that measures 5 1/2 inches square (5 1/2 inches x 11 inches before folding)
2. Creating the Peel-Off Sticker images:
a. Before reading the instructions below, you can see a video Els created using this technique here.
b. Place a sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive onto cardstock that is big enough for your peel-offs and remove the release sheet.
c. Be careful not to touch the adhesive or it will leave fingerprints in the glitter.
d. From the Baby Peel-Offs, place the pram and safety pins onto the release sheet (sticky side up).
e. Place the cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive, sticky side down, on top of the peel-offs (In other words, place sticky onto sticky.)
f. Use release sheet in handling the cardstock until you cover the adhesive with glitter so you don’t leave fingerprints.
g. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, polish glitter with your finger and brush excess off.
h. Color your images as desired using alcohol-based markers on the glitter.
i. Cut around all peel-off pieces and attach to the card.
* Coloring Tips for alcohol-based markers and glitter: Remember that when using alcohol-based markers, such as Copics, work quickly and don’t let the tip of the marker linger on the glittered surface. Too much alcohol ink can dissolve the adhesive and remove the glitter. It takes very little ink to color the surface of the glittered image so work with a light touch. To get the faded look, lay a line of color down along one edge of the section you want to color and then use your blender pen to pull the color across the rest of the image. You may have to lay more color down to get deeper shading after you blend it out.
3. Adhere a piece of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive Tape to the front of white card. Use the “Congratulations” sentiment from the new Way with Words Collection and die cut sentiment so that the adhesive is on the top of the word.
- Remove protective backing from the adhesive and cover the sentiment with Spring Peridot Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish glitter with your finger and brush excess off.
- Adhere the sentiment to the white diagonal panel on the front of the card.
4. The inside of the card:
- Cut a piece of white card 5 inches square.
- Layer the white card onto a piece of blue card that is 5 1/4 inches square
- Layer to inside of card.
5. Remove the building blocks outline from the Baby Peel-Off Stickers, place this safely on a scrap piece of the protective backing sheet of adhesive sheet used previously in steps above, so you can use this another time.
- Roughly trim around the negative building blocks which remains. Peel off any excess black peel-off sticker that may be around your image until you just have the image as per photo above.
- Cut a piece of Transfer Sheet large enough to fit over the building blocks. Remove the protective backing and place the tacky side of the Transfer Sheet onto the negative shapes. Burnish with a bone folder or your fingers and carefully lift the Transfer Sheet checking to ensure that all of the pieces lift at once. You can see Els’ video using this technique HERE.
- Now move the Transfer Sheet with negative shapes attached to it over to the card. When it is in the right spot, place it down onto the card and rub the front of the Transfer Sheet to release the pieces onto the card. Carefully lift the Transfer Sheet to check and make sure all of the negative image pieces are now on the card. (Don’t remove the Transfer sheet until all pieces are in place).
6. Die cut the words “It’s a” from the It’s a Boy/Girl die from green card that has Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape adhered to the back of the card.
7. Die cut the letters “B O Y” using the Alphabet 1 – Caps die set from green card that has Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape adhered to the back of the card.
- Adhere the sentiment “It’s a Boy” to the lower right hand side of the card as per photo above.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 1051 Quietfire “Congratulations 969 It’s a Boy/Girl 967 Alphabet 1 – Caps 2593 Baby Peel-Off Stickers Black 600 Transfer Sheet 635 Spring Peridot Silk Microfine Glitter 639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter 509 Transparent Double Sided Tape 152mm 508 Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm Other: Cardstock: white, blue, green Designer Paper: Kaisercraft Little One 6 1/2″ Paper Pad; Kaisercraft Cooper 12″ x 12″ Designer Paper Foam Tape Copics