Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. I love a good pun so I thought it would be fun to have Cocoa the Horse wishing you a “Howdy” birthday instead of “Happy” birthday. Let me show you how I made this super fun card.
1. Cut mint card stock at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 score at 4 1/4. Place Katie Label Pivot die on the score line and die cut.
2. From grey pattern paper, die cut (2) Katie Labels using the largest decorator die. From curry card stock, die cut (1) Katie Label using the smallest decorator die and stamp “Howdy!” using Homegrown Greetings Clear Stamp Set.
3. Die cut the following pieces shown below for Cocoa the Horse
- black card stock – (2) shadow layer, (2) sets of hooves
- gray card stock – (2) nose/head, (2) detail layer (keep card stock in die and sponge gray ink through open areas)
- tan card stock – (2) tail/mane
- white card stock – (2) sets of eyes
4. Die cut the following pieces shown below from Props 2
- black card stock – (2) party hat shadow layer
- curry card stock – (2) party hat detail layer and (2) party blowers
- grey card stock – (2) pom poms (not shown)
5. Die cut the following pieces shown below from Happy Birthday Pop Up
- curry card stock – (1) birthday and (6) stars
- mint card stock – (6) small stars
6. Cut (2) pieces of pattern paper at 1 7/8 x 5 1/4. Apply adhesive the left side of the base card taking care not to get adhesive on the pivoting labels. Adhere one piece of the pattern paper to the front and repeat on the back.
7. Adhere decorator labels, stars and “Birthday” to base card using photos for placement. Tip: Use a fine line black marker to trace around the stars and “Birthday” for added dimension.
8. Assemble pieces from Cocoa the Horse – only adhere pom pom to one Cocoa. Adhere Cocoa that has the pom pom to the front of the card base. Adhere 2nd Cocoa to the inside of the card lining up both characters. Adhere pom pom to the party hat lining up the shapes.
9. Adhere Glitter Border Lines and Glitter Dots where desired.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- 768 Katie Label Pivot
- 947 Happy Birthday Pop Up
- 1044 Cocoa the Horse
- 949 Props 2
- CS002 Homegrown Greetings Clear Stamps
- 7018 Glitter Dots
- 7010 Glitter Borders Assorted
- Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Smokey Slate and pattern Card Stock – Stampin’ Up!
- Project Life Journal Pen – Stampin’ Up!
- Basic Gray Classic Ink – Stampin’ Up!