It’s Frances Byrne here today with another Pop It Ups project to share with you. With Christmas now being only 125 days away, I figured it was time to add another Christmas card to my stash. This card uses the Katie Label Pivot Card with the Christmas Trees from the new Christmas Tree Pop Stand Card set and the Paris Edges die set.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Score a piece of 12 x 12 designer paper at 6 inches. Adhere a piece of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to one of the 12 x 6 inch sides remove protection backing and fold designer paper so it is now 12 inches x 6 inches.
- Trim card down so it measures 12 inches x 4 1/2 inches.
- Score card at 6 inches, fold card closed and use bone folder to reinforce fold and then reopen.
- Place the pivot die from the Katie Label Pivot Card die set so that the center nubs of the die are on the score line, closer to the top of the card. Run through die cutting machine.
- Fold card so that the pivot part of the card folds the opposite way to the rest of the card.
2. From the Katie Label Pivot Card set die cut the following:
- 2 x large labels from red card
- 2 x second largest label from white card
Using the Merry & Bright Clear Stamp set stamp the “Merry Christmas” sentiment to one of the white labels and the “and Happy New Year” to the other white label.
- Layer the white labels to the red labels and then adhere these to the pivot section of the card using foam tape.
3. Cut two pieces of card approx 2 inches x 5 1/4 inches. Position the decorative doily die from the Paris Edges set so that the bottom of the die is approx 1/2 inch from the edge. Die cut.
- Place Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back portion of the 1/2 inch edge of the card and carefully adhere this to the right edge of the open pivot card, so that it is centred top and bottom and that the 1/2 edge of the die cut is level with the edge of the designer paper. Trim top & bottom edges of the die cut so it is level with the card.
- Repeat this with other Paris Edges decorative doily on the left hand side of the card. Tip: Position the second one so it is level with the one already attached to the card and carefully close the card so that the cut out pieces of both die cuts match.
- Adhere a Red/Gold Glitter Border Sticker so it covers the join where the designer paper and red card meet. Do this on all sides of your card (ie: front, two insides and back)
4. Using the Tree dies from the Christmas Trees Pop Stand Card set die cut 2 of each of the tree pieces from green card stock. Sponge around edges of trees using green ink.
- Die cut 4 of the tree trunks using brown card.
- Assembling the Trees: Note – these are assembled slightly differently to how Karen Burniston assembles the tree for the Pop Stand Card so that we can still achieve the 3D look on a solid surface.
- Apply a thin strip of glue around the edge of the solid tree and adhere it to the tree with the tree shaped hole in the middle. Adhere the brown trunk over the green one on the outline tree. As per photo above.
- Now take the two trees with the notches and slots and thread the tree which only has notches through the middle slot of the other tree. You may need to bend one of the top triangles of the first tree to do this.
- Next thread one half of one of the 3D trees through the slot of the large tree. Turn the tree over to the back side and places some adhesive to one side of the half tree, fold this over and adhere it to the back of the tree.
- Turn tree back over and fold the inner trees so that you have the middle tree standing upright and the other two trees are sitting on either side of the tree.
5. Adhere the Christmas to the front of the card using foam tape.
- Attach Red/Gold Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers randomly over the Christmas tree to resemble ornaments.
- Cover a piece of white card with Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the front. Use the star die from the Christmas Trees Pop Stand Card set and die cut star. Remove protective backing from adhesive and cover with Silver Silk Microfine Glitter, burnish glitter with your fingers and attach star to the top of the tree using foam tape.
- Repeat the process with the second Christmas Tree and attach this to the right hand side of the inside of the card.
6. Using the two “inner” trees which were created when die cutting the largest of the trees, adhere these to the left hand side of the inside of the card, slightly overlapping the trees. Add the brown tree trunks to the bottom of each tree.
- Decorate the trees using Red/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers.
Here is a look at the back of the card. One of the things I love about Pivot Cards is that no matter which way you view the card there is always something of interest to look at.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 768 Katie Label Pivot Card 1037 Christmas Tree Pop Stand Card 979 Paris Edges CS003 Merry & Bright Clear Stamp Set 7018 Red/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers 7010 Red/Gold Glitter Borders Peel Off Stickers 603 Silver Silk Microfine Glitter 509 Transparent Double Sided Tape 152mm 507 Transparent Double Sided Tape 10mm Other: Cardstock: white, red, Designer Paper: Kaisercraft Mistletoe Collection Tree Trimming 12 x 12 Designer Paper Ink: Black; Green Foam Tape