Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. I want to show you how easy it is to make a smaller sized Z-Fold card. The recipient will be surprised when they open the card to see the colorful butterflies pop out. Let’s get started!
1. Cut white card stock at 4″ x 12″ and score at 4″ and 8″. Place Butterfly Pivot die on the 8″ score line and die cut.
2. Cut (2) pieces of white card stock at 1 7/8″. Adhere both pieces to the back of the card, behind the butterfly opening. Tip: this step is not required, adding card stock will just make the base more sturdy. See bottom photo for placement.
3. From scrap turquoise card stock, die cut the Butterfly Pivot and cut excess off so you only have the butterflies. Adhere butterflies to base card.
4. From pattern paper, die cut several butterflies using the companion dies included in the Butterfly Pivot card and Butterfly Accessories die.
- Place the filigree butterfly die onto desired card stock and emboss using your embossing sandwich. Doing this adds beautiful texture and interest to the butterflies.
- Adhere one small butterfly to the center fold of the Butterfly Pivot.
- Placing adhesive only on the bodies of the butterflies will allow the wings to have more dimension.
- Add Glitter Dots to the bodies of the butterflies for a little bit of bling without added weight or bulkiness.
5. Apply “Thinking of You” peel off to the top left corner of card.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself. What an amazingly beautiful card made using only 2 dies!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Tempting Turquoise, Irresistibly Yours and pattern paper from Stampin’ Up!