I’m Kelly Booth and today I have a fun Happy Birthday card using Cheepers the Chicken and the Happy Birthday Pop It Ups die by Karen Burniston. I also wanted to give you a little peek of a die set just released this weekend at the Collins Group Show!
Here is my Card Front:
It’s so fun to dress Cheepers up like a cowboy!
Here is the inside of the card:
This fun card is suitable for either a male or female.
- Cut two pieces of cardstock; one red and one kraft at 5″x11 and score in the center at 5″1/2″. Place the Happy Birthday Pop Up Die in the center of the kraft piece and run through your die cutting machine. Gently press the folds to form the pop up by following the package instructions. Place pieces of Elizabeth Craft Designs Double Sided Adhesive on the back side of the kraft piece making sure you stay away from the areas that pop up. Remove backing from the pieces and adhere inside the red backing card one side at a time. Trim edges down if needed.
- Use either patterned paper or stamp a pattern on a piece of ECD Smooth Finish cardstock 4.25″ x 5″ and cut the Boots, Scarf, and Happy Birthday Wording. (set aside) Cut the Shadow for Cheepers from a scrap of black cardstock. Cut one banner and one stitched label from the Lorna Label set. Cut one speech bubble from the Rectangle Accordion set all from Smooth Finish White Cardstock. (set aside)
- Place Double Sided Adhesive on a piece of red card stock 4 1/2″ x 5″ Cut the Happy Birthday Pop up making sure you get the shadowed area and the bottom strip under the step. Cut out the Happy Birthday shadow area and the bottom step strip. (set aside)
- Place a Piece of ECD Double Sided Adhesive onto a piece of the Smooth Finish Cardstock and Cut Cheepers’ body and the eyes. Using a scrap of red backed with Double Sided Adhesive, cut the waddle and the tail feathers, using a scrap of orange backed with ECD Double Sided Adhesive cut the Beak. (set aside)
- Take a scrap piece of card stock and put ECD DSA onto it. Remove the backing and burnish in some Solar Gold Silk Microfine Glitter, polish well and shake off the excess. With this piece cut one Sheriff’s Badge (Props 6 coming soon) and small stars from the Happy Birthday Pop it Ups set. Set aside.
- For the last cut take a strip of Kraft card stock 5″ x 2 1/2″ place ECD Double Sided adhesive on the back and cut the ground for the front using the Outdoor edges wavy ground die. Place this on the bottom of the front of the card.
- Assemble Cheepers by adhering the detail layer to the shadow layer. Place the eyes in the eye holes then remove the backing and add the red waddle and the tail feathers. Next add the orange beak and the scarf. Using a pop dot or foam tape place Cheepers’ hat onto his head tilting it slightly. Use foam tape on the back of Cheepers and place him on the front of the card leaving room to add his boots under his body. Use foam tape with the boots.
- To finish the front stamp or computer generate a sentiment for the speech bubble and place to the right of his head onto the card. Add red glitter dots to the hat as a band and one on the scarf and one on each boot. Make a little lasso out of twine and with a little bit of liquid adhesive add it to Cheepers’ right shoulder. Place the Sheriff’s gold badge onto the center of the scarf and add a red glitter dot in the center.
- Finishing the inside of the card is pretty easy. Remove the backing from the red shadowed Happy Birthday and place over the kraft card, do the same with the red strip below the step. Place little bits of liquid adhesive on the backside of the patterned Happy Birthday and place on to the shadowed area. Add a drop of liquid adhesive on each gold star and place over the shadowed stars. Stamp or computer generate a sentiment on the banner and add it to the red strip just below Happy Birthday. Add the stitched label towards the bottom of the card for a greeting.
Thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today and look for the new Props 6 die set to be coming soon.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
- (1098) Props 6 – Western Props Die Set (Coming Soon)
- (947) Happy Birthday Pop Up
- (914) Outdoor Edges
- (1023) Cheeper’s the Chicken
- (915) Lorna Label Pop Up
- (942) Accordion Rectangle (for Speech Bubble)
- (7018) Glitter Dots Assorted Colors (Red)
- (638) Solar Gold – Silk Microfine Glitter
- (508) Elizabeth Craft Designs – Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm
- (506) Elizabeth Craft Designs – Transparent Double Sided Tape 6mm
- Soft Finish Cardstock 8.5″ X 11″ 230gr /85Lb 10 pack (PSF101)
Other Supplies used:
Kraft, Red, Orange,Black Card Stock Pieces
Leopard Stamp Hero Arts
Gingham Stamp Impression Obsession
Ink Red, Black and Brown