It’s Frances Byrne here. Today I created a card which you could use for just about any occasion, using the new Flower Cluster 2, Small Butterfly and the Quietfire Hello dies. For the Flower Cluster, I used the inlay die cut technique.
Here’s how I created my card:
- Cut a piece of pink striped designer paper 5 inches x 3 3/4 inches. Die cut the Flower Cluster 2 in the lower left hand corner of the designer paper (white on the step by step photos above). Be careful not to lose the pieces of designer paper that would go between the flowers.
- Layer the designer paper onto a piece of black cardstock 5 1/4 inches x 4 inches.
- Attach a piece of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to a scrap of black card large enough to fit the Flower Cluster 2 die. Die cut. Remove all the petals etc so you just have the flower outline and adhere into the negative space on the designer paper.
- Insert the pieces of designer paper that go in between each of the flowers which we saved when we die cut the flower cluster from the designer paper.
- Adhere a piece of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to the back of a piece of bright pink and pale pink card stock large enough to fit the Flower Cluster 2 die. Die cut the Flower Cluster 2 from each piece of card being careful to keep petals and centres in place when removing from die. Inlay the petals onto the designer paper panel so that you have 3 bright pink flowers and 3 pale pink flowers (refer to finished card for positioning).
- Add Gold / Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to the black circles that remain around the Flower Cluster image.
2. Adhere a piece of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to the back of a piece of black and bright pink card stock that is large enough to die cut the Quietfire “Hello”.
- Adhere the black “Hello” to the top right hand corner of the card and then layer the bright pink Hello over the top of the black Hello so that you see a black shadow underneath.
3. Using the Small Butterfly die, die cut the following:
- 1 Antenna from black card
- 1 Butterfly wings overlay from white card that has been covered on the front with Transparent Double Sided Adhesive.
- 1 Butterfly Wings Solid from Pale Pink Shimmer Sheetz.
Remove the Adhesive Tape from the front of the Butterfly Wings Overlay and attach the black antenna to the centre. Cover the remaining adhesive tape with Peony Pink Silk Microfine Glitter, remove excess and polish with your finger.
Adhere to the Shimmer Sheetz Butterfly solid image and attach to the lower right hand corner of the card using foam tape.
4. Adhere the designer paper panel to a folded white card that measures 5 1/2 inches x 4 1/4 inches using foam tape.
5. The inside of the card:
- Adhere the Flower Cluster 2 Outline which was left over after inlaying the flowers on the front of the card to the lower left hand corner of the card.
- Using black ink stamp the sentiment to the card as per photo above.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 1055 Quietfire “Hello” 1072 Small Butterfly 1069 Flower Cluster 2 RS007 The Butterfly is Proof Rubber Stamp 0105 Light Pink Shimmer Sheetz 508 Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm 616 Peony Pink Silk Microfine Glitter 7018 Gold/Silver Glitter Dots Peel-Off Stickers Other: Cardstock: white, black, pale pink, bright pink Designer Paper: Sugar & Spice Studio Hootie 6″ x 6″ Paper Pad Foam Tape Black Ink