Good Morning. This is Selma Stevenson, a member of Susan’s Design Team. Today I created a Christmas card using Susan’s beautiful Susan’s Garden Notes – Poinsettia die. Here are the instructions:
l. This is a 6″x6″ card with three white layers attached on top. Score around the edges of all three layers for a finished look.
2. Use the Lots of Dots embossing folder to create dimension on the smallest layer.
3. Glue the middle layer to the largest layer, then attach the bottom layer to the main card with dimensional tape. Attach the smallest (embossed) layer on top with dimensional tape.
4. Die cut enough poinsettia petals to create three poinsettias. Draw definition on each petal – use the Leaf tool from Susan’s Tool Kit to draw in the lines.
5. To create the pink and white flowers, use Spun Sugar Distress Ink and a Fantastix to add ink along the center of each petal. Place a few drops of the Distress Ink on the Teflon Work Sheet and next to it spray some water. Wet the Fantastix with water, then dip in the concentrated ink. Dab the ink up the center of each petal. The ink will run a little to give it a natural look.
6. Allow the petals to dry, then shape them with the medium stylus from Susan’s Tool Kit. Assemble the flowers with as many petals as you like. For the center of the flowers, I used the green and yellow Viva Paper Pen to create the little circles, then glued them in the center of the flower, once they were dry.
7. Die cut the poinsettia leaves, then shape. I like to die cut my leaves using white cardstock then color them. I colored them green, then added a tinge of red.
8. Die cut Garden Notes – Whitepine Boughs. I like to use the Fine Pointed Scissors to cut between each “needle” of the pine bough to make them thinner, but this isn’t necessary.
9. Die cut the Quietfire “Believe” sentiment out of silver glitter cardstock. It doesn’t show very well, but I also die cut the ECD Circles out of silver glitter cardstock and it is under the poinsettias.
10. To finish the card, ECD Peel off Lines and Corner Stickers were added.
Don’t you think the pink and white poinsettias, along with the silver, create a beautiful card?
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
1090 Garden Notes – Poinsettia
1091 Garden Notes – Whitepine Bough & Pine Cone
114 Lots of Dots Embossing Folder
1034 Corners and Borders Peel Off Stickers
Spun Sugar Distress Ink
Teflon Work Mat
Green and Yellow Viva Paper Pens
Silver Glitter Card Stock
What a stunner! Loved the tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
Fantastic card and great tutorial. I had not heard of a fantastix before, need to look into getting one. Thank you for sharing
Stunning color combo & use of products
Absolutely beautiful, Selma! Gorgeous card!
Your card is stunning!!!! Beautiful….You did a great job on this card….
You really rocked this card! I LOVE it!!
Gorgeous, down to every last little detail!