By Judi Kauffman
Fitted Frames 4 Curvy Squares, like all of the Fitted Frames dies, is endlessly versatile. With one pass through the machine I had enough frames and decorative pieces for FOUR cards. ‘Congratulations’ is one of them. We’ll show the other 3 here on the blog and on Facebook – Be on the lookout!
I love to figure out ways to fussy-cut scrapbook papers so when I saw the nymph at the side of a sheet from BoBunny’s Enchanted Harvest Collection I knew she would soon star on one of my cards. The Designer Challenge assignment gave me just the opportunity I was looking for.
The card is flat and measures a generous 5.75” x 7.25” – I’m going to mail it with an easel made with the new Els van de Burgt Studio Collection Card Stand/Easel die.
- Back 5” x 5” piece of teal pearl finish cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet before cutting the frames. Cut ‘Congratulations’ from teal cardstock that is not backed with adhesive.
- Use the Metal Adaptor Plate when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz butterfly silhouette, butterfly overlay, and flower. Review Els’s YouTube video tutorial if you are new to this technique.
- Refer to the project photo for placement of the elements. Complete the brown rectangle before adding it to the card base. Position the frames first, then the word ‘Congratulations’ (using slivers of Power Tabs to add dimension), and then add the nymph. Trim her wings at the top and side of the rectangle and take care to tuck her foot into the letter ‘C’ as shown.
- Trim away the head and antennae from the butterfly silhouette. Bend butterfly wings upward on silhouette and overlay. Use slivers of Power Tabs to adhere the butterfly silhouette to the card and the overlay to the body. Bend the petals upward on the flower; use a tiny square cut from a Power Tab to add the flower to the nymph’s hair. Add a tiny gem to the center of the flower.
- Accent the largest frame and the small frame around the butterfly with Transparent Glitter Dots Peel-offs. (The largest Dots on the sheet are the perfect fit perfect for the large frame; the next-to-smallest size Dots are the perfect fit for the small frame.)
*Add a piece of chipboard to the back of the card for additional stability.
* Die cut a Card Stand/Easel; send the easel along with the flat card.
*Make a side-fold card instead of a flat one.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Bunch of Flowers – 1 small flower die, your choice
Shimmer Sheetz – Orange Iridescent, Fire Opal Gemstone
BoBunny – Enchanted Harvest Collection 12” x 12” ‘Nymph’
Other – Tombow Power Adhesive Tabs; Teal pearl finish cardstock, chocolate brown cardstock; Big Shot or other die cutting machine