Hello. This is Selma Stevenson from Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s Design Team. The colorful Fall flowers are out in full bloom. Today I designed a card using Susan’s beautiful Garden Notes Chrysanthemums. Behind the Chrysanthemums are Flourishes from the Flourishes & Branches die set. The Friend sentiment is one of the new Quietfire, A Way With Words, die. The corners were die cut using the Tags & More 1 Lace dies. A few pearls were added to complete the card. Below is a tutorial on how I created the card.
1. To create the Garden Notes Chrysanthemums, die cut the petals out of card stock using any of your favorite Fall colors. You can see how easy it will be to assemble the flowers, because there are three sizes of petals (all connected) and then on the top left, you can see the die cut that you just roll, with the self-closing tweezers, to get the tight center of the flower. You can use as many layers as you want, depending on how full you want your flower. You can also shape the flowers so the petals bend down, or shape them so it is a more closed flower.
2. To create the card, start with a 12 x 6 inch piece of card stock. Score the card at 6 inches. With a pencil, lightly mark the front panel, down from the top, at 3 inches on each side. These mark are to help you align the Tags & More 9 Sparkle die.
4. A 5 7/8-inch square of design paper was attached to the lower half of the card.
5. At this point, if you lift up the Sparkle Die cut, you will be able to see through the die cut.
6. To make the card look nice when fully opened, you need to die cut both a piece of the design paper you want to back the opening of the Sparkle Tag design, plus another piece of card stock the same size as the card. This is easy to die cut — just place the ends of this die along the edge of the card stock, tape it down and run it through your die cutting machine. You can use the Elizabeth Craft Double Sided Adhesive between the design paper and card stock, or glue the two piece together.
7. To die cut the additional die cut design, use a piece of 6×6 inch card stock. Place the card stock inside the card and close the front of the card. Place the Paris Edges die so it will show below the Sparkle die cut. Tape it down. Remove the card stock and die cut it.
9. The above picture shows you what the card will look like when fully opened.
Susan’s new Garden Note Flowers are medium size and perfect to create tags, small or large cards.