Hi it’s Kelly Booth I just love Jolly the Mouse by Karen Burniston and thought I would show you how I made this Rectangle Pull Card using fall leaves and some fun backgrounds!
I don’t know about you but I love playing with different mediums and making colorful backgrounds. For this one I used a 4.25″ by 5″.25″ piece of Watercolor paper and scribbled different colors of Gelatos onto it. I then with my fingers I blended the colors. Next I took a Stencil placed it over the background and with a baby wipe wiped away a little of the color in the negative space.
Below is the result.
I then used Susan’s Garden Fall Leaves and die cut each one twice creating my leaves for the card.
I used the Elizabeth Craft Designs/Susan’s Garden tool kit and worked in some veins in the leaves and shaped the leaves slightly and set them aside.
1. Start with a piece of Smooth Finish cardstock 7.5″ by 5″ scored in the center at 3 3/4″. Stamp both sides with a wood grain stamp using a gray or gray brown ink. Center the Rectangle Pull Card Die over the fold and run through your die cutting machine. Fold at score lines and shape the card.
2. Take some small pieces of light gray, pink, black and white and back them with ECD Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Create 2 Jolly’s using a dark gray for the shadow layer and light gray for his body. I used black and white for his eyes, white for the whiskers, and pink for his nose and ears. For his tail, hands and feet I used a beige adhesive velvet. ( The Jolly on the Front will not need hands and feet since they don’t show on the card)
3. Cut a large rectangle and a small rectangle by combining decorator dies from the Rectangle Accordion and the Rectangle Pull Card and using Smooth Finish cardstock. Ink the large rectangle with a light blue ink so that it looks like sky and place it in the center of the front of the card. Cut away Jolly’s lower body and save the tail. Place Jolly about an inch from the bottom and position his tail to the right side of his body in the upward position.
4. To make Jolly look like he is in the ground start with a piece of medium gray card stock about 2″ by 4″ and die cut using the lower half of the larger rectangle die (used on the sky background). Run that piece back through the machine using the Outdoor Edges ground piece and adhere the wavy ground piece at the bottom of the sky rectangle so Jolly is peeking out of the ground.
5. Adhere the smaller rectangle on the left of the inside of the card. From a scrap of white Smooth Finish cardstock cut the rectangle spinner, fold it and adhere inside the card. Put a little adhesive in the Spinner and attach the Whole Jolly!
6. Take a piece of orange water colored background backed with Adhesive and cut the Happy from the Happy birthday Pop It Up set and the Letters Fall from the ECD Alphabet Caps set. Place the Happy on the front of the card above Jolly. Place the FALL on the Left Inside on the small rectangle.
7. To finish the card place leaves at the bottom of the front randomly to cover Jolly’s Lower body and the ground a bit. Place Leaves on the inside right of the card towards the bottom using adhesive. Place one Leaf under Jolly’s arm so it looks like he is holding it. Cut one small label from the Fancy Label Accordion and place at top right of the inside of the card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Gelatos, Stencil, Baby Wipes
Ink Light Blue and Gray Brown
Wood Grain Background stamp
Various Backgrounds Watercolored,Gelatos. Etc.
Thank You for Stopping by today I hope your day is great!