It’s Frances Byrne here. Today I am sharing a Shaker Card I created using the Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles die and one of the sweet Daisy Hedgehog images from Elizabeth Craft Designs newest Designer Bianca Petroschi.
Here is how I created the card:
- Cut a piece of white card so it is 5 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches. Score along the the 8 1/2 inch side at 4 1/4 inches and fold card in half.
- Cover the front of the card with floral designer paper which is 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Cut a coordinating piece of designer paper which is 4 1/4 inches square. Adhere and centre this panel to the front of the card.
2. Cut a piece of Soft Finish Cardstock (100b) and also a piece of designer paper that matches the paper on the front of the card they are 2 1/4 inches x 3 1/2 inches.
- Using black ink stamp the Sleeping Hedgehog from the Hedgehog Daisy All Seasons stamp set onto both pieces.
- Color the image on the white card using the medium of choice ( I used Copic Markers)
- From the designer paper image cut out the blanket and paper piece this over the image on the white card.
3. Cut a piece of pink card stock so it is 6 inches x 12 inches. Adhere Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the card.
- Cut the card into pieces that measure 3 inches x 12 inches.
- Using the Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles die cut six frames (Note: As we don’t need the outer frames from the die, we have cut down our card to the size needed and then placed the card so it is positioned on the centre of the die).
- Carefully remove the curvy frame (Fourth frame from centre) and also the heart strings from the centre and set aside.
4. Cut a piece of acetate 2 1/4 inches x 3 1/2 inches. Remove the protective backing from one of the frames and adhere the acetate so it is under the frame. Set this piece aside.
- Layer the remaining frames on top of each other. (Note: These frames are not symmetrical, so ensure that you have the curves matching prior to removing the protective backing from the back of each frame and layering up).
- Adhere the stamped Sleeping Hedgehog image to the bottom of the layered frames.
5. Adhere the stacked layered image to the centre of your card.
- Add tiny beads or sequins to the inner portion of the stacked frames on the card.
- Adhere the frame with acetate over the stacked frames so that the beads can not get out.
6. Adhere the heart strings we set aside earlier after die cutting the frames so that the ‘string’ that joins each heart is along the edge of the coordinating designer paper panel we attached in step 1. (See photo above for placement).
- Add a Pink/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Sticker to the centre of each heart.
7. The inside of the card:
- Take one of the frames which are left over when you cut all the frames for the shaker part of the card (the third frame from the centre) and attach this to the centre of the inside of the card.
- Using scraps of pink card that have Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape adhered to the back, die cut two more of the heart strings from the centre of the Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles die. Attach these to the card as per photo above. Add Pink/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to the centre of each heart.
8. Roughly trim around the sentiment Thinking of You from the Thinking of You Large Peel Off Stickers. Peel off any excess black peel-off sticker that may be around your image until you just have the sentiment as per photo above.
- Cut a piece of Transfer Sheet large enough to fit over the sentiment. Remove the protective backing and place the tacky side of the Transfer Sheet onto the word “Thinking”. Burnish with a bone folder or your fingers and carefully lift the Transfer Sheet checking to ensure that all of the pieces lift at once. You can see Els’ video using this technique HERE.
- Now move the Transfer Sheet with sentiment attached to it over to the card. When it is in the right spot, place it down onto the card and rub the front of the Transfer Sheet to release the pieces onto the card. Carefully lift the Transfer Sheet to check and make sure all of the sentiment pieces are now on the card. (Don’t remove the Transfer sheet until all pieces are in place). Repeat this process to place the words “of You” underneath the word “Thinking”.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 1063 Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles CS007 Hedgehog Daisy All Seasons 2580 Thinking of You Large Peel Off Stickers Black 7018 Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers Pink/Silver 600 Transfer Sheet PSF102 Soft Finish Cardstock 8.5″ x 11″ 270gr/100lb 10 Pack 509 Transparent Double Sided Tape 152mm Other: Cardstock: White; Pink Designer Paper: Kaisercraft Secret Garden 6 1/2″ Paper Pad Black Ink Copics