Hi it’s Kelly Booth Here,
Have you seen the new Gift Card Accordion die by Karen Burniston Pop it Ups that was launched yesterday? It is definitely one of my favorites and I know it will get used often! I thought it was the perfect die to use with one of the recent Petroschi Designs by Bianca stamps, named Cardinal. They are gorgeous stamps and so fun to color.
The Card in the Closed Position:
And a close up:
Here is a diagram of the dies I used; the Gift Card Accordion and Flourish Gift Frame (coming soon) and the Merry Christmas Pop-up (available now).
I also have a diagram of the cuts I made from the various papers. If I say backed with DSA it means to apply ECD Double Sided Adhesive to the back of the cardstock prior to die cutting.
You will need a piece of red cardstock 5 1/2″ by 11″ , olive cardstock 5 1/2″ by 11″, light blue 8 1/2″ by 11″, white cardstock 4 1/4″ by 5″ 1/2″ and a small scrap of red for the “a gift for you”.
- Color the cardinal with markers of your choice. I used Copics on mine.
- Do all the die cutting as shown/described above.
- Put small piece of Elizabeth Craft Designs Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape onto the tabs of the red accordion. Facing the tabs to the right, join the two and snip off the tabs of the second panel. (Hint: watch Karen’s video tutorial for Gift Card Accordion assembly)
- Place the two olive pieces that have the gift card slots onto the two pages of the album, making sure to line up the notches perfectly on the second page so a gift card can be added later. Place the solid olive panel onto the first page of the Accordion, covering up the slots and making a layered olive backdrop.
- Place the colored Cardinal piece onto the first page and then the “a gift for you” greeting, making sure to place it toward the left so it does not cover up too much of the cardinal.
- Remove adhesive backing from 2 of the frames and place them onto the outer frames, lining up with the outside edges for perfect placement. Fold the card into a valley fold.
- Put a small piece of double sided tap onto the inner tab of the cardinal page and bring the gift card page over to the tab to connect in the usual fashion. Train the inner rectangles to fold as a mountain fold.
- Add the final Flourish Frame to the front of the album.
- Using a liquid adhesive put a little bit on the very bottom of the Merry Christmas and adhere to the top right side of the accordion. Add a gift card to page 2. Your card is now complete 🙂
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial today!
Thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog. Don’t forget to take a peek at Karen’s five brand new dies.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Cardstock, Red, Olive, White and Light Blue
Black Dye Ink
Die Cutting Machine