Hi, it’s Wanda and I am thrilled to be sharing a project on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog!
With Christmas quickly approaching, it’s always fun to a have new ornament (or several) for the tree, and even more fun when we get a handmade one from a friend. With that in mind, I’ve created a card with a removable ornament just perfect to give to that special friend.
Here’s how I created the card:
1. Cut red cardstock 5 ½” x 11” and fold in half.
2. Cut a piece of Soft Finish Cardstock 5” square. Rub the Distress Ink pad on your craft sheet, spray with water, drag rough side of cardstock through ink, dry.
3. Die cut Fitted Frames 4 – Curvy Squares from Soft Finish Cardstock. Attach largest frame to inked square. Color the inside of the circles with gold marker.
4. Die cut one solid heart from red cardstock and one from white Soft Finish Cardstock.
5. Die cut two holly hearts and individual small hearts from Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Run the small hearts again through the die cut machine with embossing material.
6. Attach one holly heart to the solid white heart. Color in all areas using markers. Add Glossy Accents to each area and allow to dry completely. Attach second holly heart over first one to cover any marker that got on the outlines. Attach layered hearts to red heart. Re-color “berries” on heart with gold marker. Add gold eyelet to heart and tie on ribbon.
7. Determine placement of heart ornament and add eyelet to frame panel. Attach frame panel to folded card with foam tape.
8. Die Cut Quietfire Design ‘Merry Christmas’ from Shimmer Sheetz. Attach to card with small pieces of foam tape being sure not to put tape where the ribbon needs to lay under the die cut.
9. Add ornament to card by running the ribbon under Merry Christmas and threading it through the top eyelet. Leave the ribbon untied so it can be pulled out, tied and hung on the tree. Optional – add a note in the card stating that the ornament is usable.
10. Attach small white hearts as shown.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project and are inspired to make a Christmas ornament, with or without the card. Happy Creating!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Ink – mowed lawn (Ranger)
Distress Markers – tattered rose, festive berries, mustard seed (Ranger)
Green Marker #256 (Tombow)
Metallic Gold Pain Pen (Posca)
Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Gold 1/8″ Eyelets