Hi friends, It’s Caz and I am here today with a fun hybrid card using the Garden Bench Pop it Ups die and the Gift Card Accordion Die.
It’s fun to play around with the dies and use them in a different way than their original design. Today’s card is just such an experiment.
First up here is the main card opened. You can see Whiskers the Cat is getting ready for Christmas, possibly waiting to meet a friend to exchange gifts? Any one of the Character dies would look great on this card. Or why not add a bunch?
Here is how I made it 🙂
1. To get started I took piece of blue card and cut the Accordion Gift card twice. To make it stiffer I also cut 2 in white and backed them so the white is on the outside and blue is on the inside. The die makes the pretty decorative score lines in the frame and also cuts notches to hold a standard size gift card.
2. For the center panel start with a piece of patterned paper cut to 14.5cm x 20cm (5.75″ x 8″) and folded in half. Place the Garden Bench die onto the center fold and cut.
3. Also die cut a Garden Bench from brown card and use scissors to isolate just the bench so you get a piece as shown. Use a brown ink pad to colour the bench.
4.Using sticky notes, mask off the bench so only the detail part is showing and use a sponge and white ink to colour the detail white.
Once the ink has dried, adhere the brown/white bench onto one that was cut into the patterned paper. Fold the bench according to the package instructions. You may also watch one of Karen’s videos here: (slide to 7:27) Garden Bench Assembly
5. Use the tabs on the Accordion panels to adhere them on either side of the card with Garden Bench. Here you can see how it looks both on the front and back.
6. Cut two hills from the Outdoor Edges in white and stick onto the Accordion pages.
7. Cut the Flourish Gift frame twice from silver glitter paper and stick to the outside of the frame. (Note: roll the Flourish Gift Frame through your die cutting machine diagonally to get the best pressure for intricate dies)
9. Cut and Emboss 6 trees from the Evergreen Pivot Card die set. Cut 2 extra of the larger tree to make the tree that is behind the bench. Cut as shown. Edge trees with green ink.
To make the large tree behind the bench I had to cut 2 trees and assemble and cut as per picture below. The notch will allow the tree to slide around the back arm of the bench and glue to the back of the card.
9. Cut Whiskers the Cat from cardstock and colour as desired. I have used my pencils to create a calico cat with lots of colours. I also die cut the Santa hat from the Props 5 die set and added it to Whiskers.
11. Add a rectangle from the Flourish Gift Frame and cover the front of the Accordion and add Merry Christmas with Blue cardstock.
12. Add gift card of your choice to other page on Gift Card Accordion.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products:
- Garden Bench 780
- Gift Card Accordion 1095
- Outdoor Edges 914
- Evergreen Pivot 912
- Flourish Gift Frame 1096
- Pop it up Merry Christmas 1039
- Whiskers the Cat 983
- Props 5 1040
Other Items Used : Silver Glitter card, Blue & White card, Patterned Paper.
I hope you have enjoyed this style card and I look forward to seeing your take on it over at the brand new Elizabeth Craft Designs Family Facebook group where I have seen lots of you sharing your amazing creations!
Until next time, Happy Crafting