It’s Frances Byrne here. Just one more month and then we will be needing to post our Christmas cards out to family and friends, so I thought I would create another Christmas card today to add to my stash. This one uses another of the Hedgehog Daisy images designed by Bianca Petroschi for Elizabeth Craft Designs. This design would be easy to convert to a shaker card if you wished by just adding a few more layers of the green grids, some acetate and whatever you wished to be your shaking element.
Here is how I created the card:
- Cut a piece of burgundy cardstock so it measures 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score along the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches and fold along the score line. This will be the base of your card.
- Use the Snowflakes Embossing Folder and place the front of the base card into the embossing folder and run through die cutting machine.
- Add color to the embossed snowflakes by using Picket Fence Distress Paint and a blending tool. Blend gently so not to get paint onto the recessed areas of the embossing.
2. Cut a piece of designer paper 2 3/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Layer this onto a piece of green cardstock which is 3 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Die cut the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper Word die from green card. Adhere the sentiment to the top right hand side of the designer paper panel. The sentiment will be adhered under the green layer so that the top of the green panel is level with the bottom of the words.
- Adhere the designer paper panel so it is centred to the burgundy base card.
3. Using the grid die from the Garden Patch – 1 1/2 inch & Mini Roses die set. Die cut one grid from green card and one from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Select 3 of the white squares from the white piece and cut down the green piece so it is only one row of 3 squares. (see photos above)
- Adhere the green grid panel to a piece of green card and trim around the edges so it is the same size as the grid.
- Stamp the Santa Hedgehog in Chimney from the Hedgehog Daisy – Christmas Clear Stamp set onto the white squares so that the Santa is in different positions on each square.
- Color images using Copic Markers or whatever you prefer to use.
- Adhere the 3 decorated squares into the grid panel.
- Add Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers around each image on the squares to look like snow.
- Use a glue pen to add adhesive to the white portions of the Santa’s hat and button on his suit, cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Allow adhesive to dry.
- Adhere grid panel to card using foam tape.
4. The inside of the card:
- Cut a piece of white Soft Finish Cardstock so it is 3 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Layer onto a piece of green card that is 3 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Stamp the Santa Hedgehog in Chimney from the Hedgehog Daisy – Christmas Clear Stamp set onto the left side of the white card using black ink.
- Stamp the three sentiments from the Merry & Bright Clear Stamp set using black ink so that it is centred between the hedgehog and the right hand edge of the card.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: CS005 Hedgehog Daisy Christmas Clear Stamp Set CS003 Merry & Bright Clear Stamp Set 1001 Garden Patch – 1 1/2 inch & Mini Roses 939 Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper E126 Snowflake Embossing Folder 7018 Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers Transparent/Silver PSF102 Soft Finish Cardstock 8.5″ x 11″ 270gr/100lb 10 Pack 639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter 506 Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 6mm Other: Cardstock: Burgundy; Green Designer Paper: Craft Smith Holiday Basics 6 x 6 Designer Paper Pad Black Ink Copics Picket Fence Distress Paint Blending Tool