Mary here with a card made with the Holiday Evergreen & Trimmings dies. This realistic looking tree can be made as full as you like by layering branches. Silk Microfine Glitter adds incredible sparkle to the garlands, which look even more beautiful in person. I used a chalkboard technique for the sentiment – check it out!
Making the Card
1. Cut a piece of kraft colored cardstock to 7 x 10 inches. Fold in half to form a 5 x 7 card base. Cut pattern paper with presents at bottom to 3 3/4 x 6 inches. Cut red cardstock 4 x 6 1/4 inches for mat. Adhere pattern paper to red mat. Cut striped pattern paper 4 1/2 x 6 1/8 inches. Cut black cardstock 4 1/4 x 5 7/8 inches for mat. Adhere striped pattern paper to black mat. Adhere both to card base as shown.
2. Die cut tree twice from green cardstock and once from brown (you may need metal adaptor plate if the cardstock is thick). Cut branches off brown tree – you will only use the trunk part. Adhere trunk to one green tree. With other green tree, cut off each branch, making a little circular-like end where the branch meets the trunk (see photo). Add cut branches to tree, gluing ends at tree trunk. Adhere tree to matted gift pattern paper where shown, leaving branches mostly free (unglued) for a 3D look.
3. Die cut two sets of presents from alcohol marker-friendly cardstock. Color with alcohol markers. Let each layer dry before applying another. Use colorless blender to highlight areas and another coat of same color to darken shaded areas. The gifts are so small you really don’t need to do any fancy coloring. Adhere to card where shown using dimensional tape on four. I used a double layer on two of the four to pop them up a bit more.
4. Stick one side of double sided adhesive to a piece cream cardstock. Die cut 8 garlands. Peel off backing, dip in Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, and polish with finger. Color with alcohol markers. Glue to tree as shown.
5. Cut black cardstock 1 1/8 x 2 1/4 inches. Stamp Merry Christmas sentiment in white ink (don’t worry if it doesn’t stamp very bright – you actually don’t want it to). Add white colored pencil in some areas to give it a chalkboard look. Optional: use a craft knife to gently scrape some areas lighter as desired. Cut green cardstock 1 1/4 x 2 5/16 inches. Adhere black to green, lining up left edge.
6. Die cut small holly leaves and small berries. Draw line down middle of 3 leaves using pointed tool. On back of each berry, rub small round stylus to form a little cup. Glue above sentiment as shown. Adhere to top left of card using dimensional tape. Add enamel dots as shown.
- 1093 Country Scapes – Woods 4 – Holiday Evergreen & Trimmings
- 1088 Garden Notes – Holiday Holiday & Berries
- 642 Silk Microfine Glitter – Cool Diamond
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- 808 Susan’s Garden 4pcs. All metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- 810 Large Molding Pad (6.5″ X 12″/16.5mm X 30mm)
- 803 Cuttlebug and Big Shot Metal Adaptor Plate
- CS003 Merry & Bright
- Cardstock: Kraft, Brown, Green, Cream
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock
- Pattern Paper: Recollections – City Sidewalks 6×6 Paper Pad
- Alcohol Markers – Copic colors used: FYG2, RV09, RV55, R29, and G19
- Ink: White
- Colored Pencil: White
- Enamel Dots
- Craft Knife (Optional)
- Dimensional Tape