Hello, it’s Angela and I want to share with you a great way to use your Els van de Burgt Studio Tags & More dies for the holiday gift-giving season! I was inspired to create this from a blog post that I saw which used packaged tags. So, by using a few basic craft supplies, you can easily create your own tags and make them into gift card pockets! Let’s get started!
To create the tag:
- Die cut the tag from black card stock and the finished size is 7” x 4 1/4”.
- Die cut the overlay die with patterned paper and glue to the black tag and trim as needed.
To create the pocket:
- Cut black cardstock to 6 1/4” x 4”.
- Score at 1/2” and 1” on one long side and both short sides.
- Fold on all score lines and cut as shown in photo.
- Tape edges with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Cut the designer paper for the pocket front at 4 1/8” x 2 7/8”.
- Cut 2 designer papers at 3/8” x 2 7/8” for the sides of the box and one at 3/8” x 4 1/8” for the box bottom.
- Set aside while we decorate the tag.
- Cut designer paper at 4 3/4” x 4” and round the bottom two corners, glue to tag front.
- Cut designer paper to 3/4” x 4” and round the top two corners, glue to tag front.
- Punch a hole and set an eyelet at the top of the tag and tie a red ribbon.
- Remove the Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape from the pocket, creating the “box” and attach to the tag front.
- Here is a side view of the tag
To create the gift card cello bag:
- A cello bag is used for the gift card and to hold the wrapped chocolates.
- Mini Hershey bars were wrapped in designer paper and added with the gift card.
- Tie the cello with baker’s twine.
Decorating the tag back:
- Cut design paper to 4 1/4” x 2 7/8”, glue to tag.
- Die cut ‘Merry Christmas’ from Shimmer Sheetz backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape (using the Metal Adaptor Plate) and add to tag back
Add your cello bag with gift card and candies into the pocket and you are done! This is a quick and easy project to make your holiday shopping a breeze! I hope you give this project a try and the same technique is perfect for other occasions too such as birthday and Father’s Day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products:
Authentique ‘Tidings’ Collection designer papers
Red polka dot ribbon
Brown baker’s twine
3 Hershey chocolates
Crop-a – dile