Hi, It’s Kelly Booth and I have a birthday card tutorial today using the Lorna Label Pop it Ups die by Karen Burniston and a great Bluebird stamp created by Petroschi Designs by Bianca.
Here’s the front of this top-fold A2 card:
And the inside:
Here are the pieces required for this card:
- 2 – 4 1/2″ by 11″ pieces of Soft Finish cardstock scored at 5 1/2″ to make top-fold cards.
- 1 – 4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of spotted blue patterned paper or make your own by coloring the paper with Copic markers and using Copic blending fluid on a paintbrush and lightly touching the card stock to make droplets.
- 1 – 4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of white Soft Finish cardstock
- 4 – blue die cut “Celebrate” words backed with transparent Double Sided Adhesive (keep the negatives)
- 1 – white die cut “Celebrate” word backed with Transparent Double Sided Adhesive.
- 1 – blue large stitched Lorna Label die cut from the leftovers of the spotted blue paper.
- 1 – white small Lorna Label decorator die with the sentiment stamped or hand written in black.
- 1 – 4″ x 5″ light blue cardstock
- Stamp the Bluebird in the center of the single panel of Soft Finish cardstock and color with markers of your choice.
- From the panel of blue spotted paper die cut an Oval Accordion page and snip out the center and side tab to leave just an oval frame. Adhere the frame around the stamped bird and then trim a small amount from all four sides to leave a white shadow when attached with pop dots to the front of one of the top fold cards.
- Remove the adhesive liner from the backs of the light blue Celebrate die cuts and begin adhering them in a stack at the bottom of the oval on the card front, placing the negative pieces into the letters for each layer. Remove the negative pieces from the white Celebrate and place it on top of the stack.
- Switching to the other white card, center the Lorna Label die over the fold of the card and die cut. Work the scored lines and fold according to the package instructions. Adhere the pop-up card inside the backing card, making sure to avoid the pop-up areas with adhesive and working one side at a time.
- From the remaining oval of spotted blue paper, die cut the large stitched Lorna label and adhere it centered on the pop-up label. Keep the scraps of spotted blue paper.
- Use pop dots or foam tape to adhere the small stamped Lorna Label in the center of the blue label.
- From the 4″ x 5″ panel of light blue cardstock die cut a Gift Card Accordion panel and snip away all of the tabs to isolate just the slotted rectangle to hold a gift card. Adhere it to the inside of the card, making sure not to use adhesive under the tabs that will hold the gift card.
- From the scraps of light blue cardstock and spotted blue paper, die cut 7 hearts using Poppy the Owl’s little heart. Add two hearts to the front of the card and the remaining five hearts to the bottom pop-up platform inside the card as shown in the photo.
Your card is now finished! I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and it has inspired you to give it a try. Thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog and have a wonderful day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Poppy the Owl (910) (hearts)
Flourish Gift Frame (1096) (Celebrate)
Oval Accordion Card (772) ( Oval Frame on front of card)
Gift Card Accordion (1095) (Gift card Holder)
Black Ink, foam Tape, Scissors, Die cutting Machine, Copic Markers, Copic Blending Fluid, Sentiment Stamp