Hello, it’s Angela and today I want to share with you a project that my girlfriends & I created this past weekend. We wanted to create a fun & different way to give a gift cards for the holidays so we decided to make a Christmas themed tag. Here’s how we created it.
- Die cut the tag & overlay from 11” x 4.25” olive cardstock.
- Die cut the Stand Up Helper Tree die at the bottom of the tag & decorate with Red Glitter Dots Peel-offs and a Gold Star Peel-off.
- Die cut bricks from beige & red cardstock.
- Die cut the stocking, cuff, hanging loop and nail & accessories from patterned paper and solid color cardstock.
- Add a 4.25” x 3” piece of patterned paper behind the tag at the top.
- Glue the beige brick grid onto the tag and glue the red bricks into the open spaces.
- Poke a hole in the bricks and glue the “nail” in place so it looks like it is coming out of the hole.
- Assemble and glue the layers of the stocking. Add Red Glitter Dots to the points on the cuff. Use foam tape or pop dots to secure the stocking to the tag.
- Add a wood grain paper rectangle measuring 4.25” x .75” to the tag above the bricks.
- Stamp the sentiment on beige cardstock , mat onto red & black cardstock; add to the tag just above the bricks.
- Punch a hole at the top of the tag. Set an eyelet in the hole. Add 2 ribbons and a piece of pom pom yarn.
- Secure the gift card with a glue dot behind the Stand Up Helper Tree at the bottom of the tag.
Invite your friends over & have a tag making party! Each person can create her own gift tag. I hope you give this project a try!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products –
Other Products Used –
Olive, beige, red, black cardstock
Echo Park Christmas paper
Ribbon, pom pom yarn