It’s Frances Byrne here. Christmas Day is now just over a week away, most of my Christmas cards have been sent. But it never hurts to have a few extras just in case you receive a card from someone you haven’t sent a card to. You can never have too many Christmas cards. What you don’t use this year just starts the stash for next year! For my card today I have used the Poinsettia die from Els van de Burgt Studio. It’s one of my favorites for Christmas.
Variation: If you have finished making your Christmas cards for the year, this would also make a great card for any occasion, either change the color of the poinsettia or substitute with the Crystal Flower Set & Crystal Flower Overlay sets and the Leafy Branch.
Here’s how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock 100lb so it measures 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score at 5 1/2 inches to make a top folding card.
2. Cut a piece of designer paper 1 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Adhere this to the left hand edge of the white folded card.
3. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock 100 lb so it measures 3 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Cut a piece of green Cardstock 1 inch x 5 1/2 inches and adhere this to the back of the 3 inch x 5 1/2 inch panel so approx. 1/8 inch is seen from the front.
- Using black ink, stamp the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Merry & Bright Clear Stamp set to the lower right hand side of this panel.
- Adhere panel to card using foam tape so the right hand edges of the panel and folded card line up.
4. Apply a piece of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the front of a piece of red cardstock which measures 3 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Die cut the large solid poinsettia flower and the small poinsettia flower so that the adhesive is on the front of the flower.
- Remove the protective backing from the die cut pieces. Cover the adhesive with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter, polish glitter with your finger and brush excess off.
- Die cut the detail poinsettia flower from Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz.
- Die cut the flower centre from Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz.
- Assemble flower using foam tape between each of the flower layers.
- Adhere flower to card referring to photo above for placement.
5. Apply a piece ofTransparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the front of a piece of green card approx. 5 inches square. Using the Sprig with Berries die, die cut twice so that the adhesive is on the front of the sprig.
- Remove the protective backing from the die cut pieces. Cover the adhesive with Forest Green Silk Microfine Glitter, brush off excess and polish glitter with your finger to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Apply adhesive to the bottom end of the one of the sprigs and attach it to the card so the bottom end is under the poinsettia. (the middle sprig on card above).
- Trim the second sprig so it is shorter and in two pieces and adhere these on either side of the larger spring so that the bottom of sprig pieces are under the poinsettia.
6. The inside of the card:
- Cut a piece of designer paper 1 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Cut a piece of green Cardstock 1 inch x 5 1/2 inches and adhere this to the back of the designer paper panel so approx. 1/8 inch is seen from the front.
- Adhere designer paper panel to the left edge of inside of card.
7. Using green ink, stamp the “May Your Days Be Merry and Bright” sentiment from the Merry & Bright Clear Stamp set so that it is centered on the right hand side of the inside of card.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 1067 Poinsettia 765 Sprig with Berries 614 True Red Silk Microfine Glitter 633 Forest Green Silk Microfine Glitter SS0214 Red Metallic Shimmer Sheetz SS0212 Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz PSF102 Soft Finish Cardstock 8.5″ x 11″ 270gr/100lb 10 Pack 510 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 101mm Other: Cardstock: Green Designer Paper: Carta Bella Have a Merry Christmas 6 x 6 Paper Pad Inks: Black; Green Foam Tape Die Cutting Machine