Hello, it’s Diana and I am so excited to share a card with you on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog! I love clean and simple cards and the new A Way with Words dies by Suzanne Cannon are just perfect for them. With such beautiful lettering and elegant flourishes, you just don’t need much more to make a stunning card. Here are some quick and easy steps to recreating my “Merci” card:
- Die cut A Way With Words “Merci” out of white card stock 3 times and glue the stack together.
- Sponge a 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8 inch rectangle of white card stock in one corner with Distress Inks.
- Splatter with water just a bit.
- Let dry and then adhere the Merci stack.
- Die cut the base of the bird (silhouette shape) from cardstock sponged in the same colors.
- Die cut the top of the bird (decorative overlay) in white card and adhere to the colored base.
- Pop up the bird next to the Merci.
- Punch opposite corners with a corner rounder.
- Use foam tape to pop up layer on white card base.
- Tip: There are now 4 ways to express gratitude with A Way With Words dies: Merci, Danke, Thanks (1 die with flourishes and initial cap) and thank you (2 dies with flourishes, lower case).
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
White card stock
Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers and Broken China