Good Morning. This is Selma Stevenson with my first 2016 design team post for Susan’s Garden Club. I am very excited to show you some of the new products that will be in Susan’s new release later this month. You can be so creative using Susan’s CountryScapes dies. They all work together to create beautiful, dimensional scenes.
This is how I created this beautiful 6×6″ card using CountryScapes dies:
- Create an outdoor background on white card stock, using Susan’s CountryScapes Cloud & Grass die cuts. The cloud stencil was used to sponge on clouds, using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, on the upper three-fourths of the card. On the bottom portion of the card, use the grass stencil and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, for the back ground grass behind the fence.
- Die cut the CountryScapes Wishing Well and assemble. To create a dimensional wood shake shingle roof, die cut the roof four times. Using only the shingle part of the die cut, cut the rows across on the three extra roofs, cutting off rows so you have three separate rows. Cut between each shingle (vertical) and curl the edges up slightly – there are good embossed lines on this die cut to make it easy to see where to cut. Starting with the die cut with three rows of shingles, glue to the large die cut roof. Next, glue down the row with two rows of shingles, then on top, glue down the row with just one row of shingles. They now appear very layered.
- Die cut the Picket Fence twice. Cut one die cut in half so you can use half on each side of the Wishing Well.
- Die Cut the CountryScapes Flora Twice. Cut bottom stem off one and glue the two together. Die cut the flowers and leaves and attach to the branch.
- Die cut the Garden Edges Hyacinth and glue on flower petals.
- Die cut the Garden Edges Daffodil. ( I attached two die cuts only adding glue to the stems/leaves and slightly lowered the one on top to make the flowers dimensional.)
- Weave the Garden Edges Hyacinth together with the Garden Edges Daffodil so you are alternating the flowers, for a mixed flower border.
- Die cut and assemble the CountryScapes Azalea.
- Die cut and color the birds from the CountryScapes Critters 2 die set.
- Die cut the Elizabeth Craft Designs Outdoor Edges grass.
- Die cut and color the Ducks from the CountryScapes Critters 5 die set.
Assemble as shown on the card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs, Susan’s Garden Club –