Hi and Happy New Year – In the Chinese calendar, 2016 is the “Year of the Monkey” and I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than with Jinks. He is one of the new Character Series dies from Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I love making cards with all the characters but once in awhile it’s just fun to make something different. Jinks is here today to wish you a happy and healthy new year.
From die set 1107 Jinks the Monkey cut:
- 1 shadow layer for body & tail
- 1 body & 1 tail from ECD Velvet Adhesive Sheet
- 1 face and chest piece
- 1 set of eyes
- 3 bananas
From die set 911 Props 1 cut:
- 1 hat
- 2 bow ties
From die set 1113 Stitched Ovals cut:
- 1 oval from ECD 100# Soft Finish Cardstock
- 1 oval from chipboard, slightly smaller than the cardstock oval, for strength
- 1 hat band
Other supplies needed:
- 2 chipboard gears (optional)
- 1 idea-ology Memo Pin
- 1 trophy cup
- moss or raffia to fill top of cup
- foam to fill cup
- letter brads to spell out “cheeky” (stickers or stamps can also be used) star brads (optional)
- ink & blending tool
Using blending tool or sponge – edge face, chest, bananas and oval.
Vintage Photo and Twisted Citron were used here.
Glue edged oval to chipboard making a platform.
Assemble Jinks –
For detailed instructions on how to assemble Jinks – watch Karen’s video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCTAHlgyavA
Glue bow ties together in the center, lift top layer on the bow portion for dimension, attach to Jinks using the bottom layer.
Add hat band to hat. Gently lift hand from shadow layer and insert hat then stick hand back down on top of hat.
- Arrange bananas and glue down.
- If using brads, with a piercing tool – poke holes in platform for letters. Add letters.
- Stack and glue gears. Add cup that has been filled with foam and moss. Tie ribbon on handle.
- Gently lift foot on Jinks to add pin to shadow layer. Press foot back in place over pin.
- Insert pin into foam. Add a dot of glue to other handle and glue left foot to it.
- Glue entire cup with Jinks to platform.
Wishing everyone the best year ever,
Other Supplies Used:
moss or raffia
foam to fill cup
ink & blending tool