Mary here with a card I made for my husband’s birthday. We used to have two beautiful Yorkshire Terriers – mother and daughter. My husband and I adored them. I modeled this one after the mother, our very first dog together. She looked very much like this. They have since passed (they were both very old for Yorkies; the mother lived to be almost 16), but we fondly think of them often. There is a photo of them on Awash with Color.
Making the Card
1. Cut light blue cardstock 7×10 inches; fold in half for a 5×7 inch card base.
2. Die cut clouds (CountryScapes – Clouds & Grass) leaving most space above the die – you will use the top as a stencil to create clouds. Sponge white ink or chalk under stencil to create a cloud line then flip it and create the other side of the clouds. Add some at the top as well.
3. Die cut arbor and 2 picket fences (CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor & Picket Fence). Ink randomly with Antique Linen Distress Ink using blending tool. Add lines and shading with colored pencil as shown (Prismacolor Ginger Root). Adhere to card.
4. Die cut two sets of tulips and petals (CountryScapes Garden Edges Tulip) from white cardstock. Color with alcohol markers (see supply list for colors). Shape by running leaf tool (pointy end) down leaves and ball stylus on insides of tulip petals. Glue separate petals to flower edge petals at bottom so that they are slightly lower to give them a 3D look. Adhere to card as shown – double offset the rows.
5. Die cut Yorkshire Terrier (Critters 5) from white cardstock; color as shown (base colors in alcohol markers, details with Prismacolor pencils). Optional: add small amount of Tuxedo Black irRESISTible Pico Embellisher to eyes, nose, and mouth using pointy end of die pick or toothpick. Once dry, rub large ball stylus behind dog body and head to give it dimension. Adhere where shown using dimensional tape or silicone glue.
6. Die cut lots of ivy leaves (CountryScapes Mini Botanicals – Clematis, Ivy) from dark green cardstock. Shape each leaf by drawing lines down middle and toward points (veins) using leaf tool point. Adhere to arbor as shown.
7. Die cut four copies of Happy Birthday from light blue cardstock and one copy from white cardstock. Glue the blue copies to each other to form a thick stack then adhere the white on top. Adhere where shown.
8. Optional: Add Shimmer irRESISTible Pico Embellisher as shown (upper right corner and below sentiment).
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
- 1134 CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor & Picket Fence
- 1036 CountryScapes Mini Botanicals – Clematis, Ivy
- 1133 CountryScapes Garden Edges Tulip
- 1129 CountryScapes Critters 5
- 1094 CountryScapes – Clouds & Grass
- 738 Happy Birthday Large
- Susan’s Garden 4pcs. All metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- Large Molding Pad
- Cardstock: Light Blue, White, Dark Green
- White Ink or Chalk
- Distress Ink: Antique Linen
- irRESISTible Pico Embellisher: Tuxedo Black, Shimmer
- Prismacolor Pencils: Arbor – Ginger Root 1084, Yorkie – Yellow Ochre 942, Raw Umber 941, Cool Gray 50% 1063, 70% 1065, 90% 1067, Warm Gray Dark 961
- Alcohol Markers – Copic: Yorkie – E30, C02, Stems/Grass, G94, G99, Flowers – V06, V 09, Y04, Y08, R27, R08, RV52, RV06, RV09, YR65, YR68, Y02, YR82, R17, R27, RV04, V04