It’s Wanda Hentges here today and I’m very excited to share this card using one of the brand new A Way With Word dies, Faith, along with other Elizabeth Craft Designs dies I love!!!
To create this card —
1. Cut green cardstock to 9″ x 8 1/2″ and fold to make a top-fold card base 4 1/2″ x 8 1/2″.
2. Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″. Die cut both ends using Tags & More 9 – Sparkle, cutting the curved edge first and then the decorative overlay. Ink edges with Antique Linen using a Blending Tool. Put Antique Linen ink on the Craft Sheet, pick up color with a water brush or wet paintbrush, flick over die cut piece to create speckles, and dry with heat tool. Attach panel to folded card.
3. Put Clear Double Sided Adhesive onto front of Soft Finish Cardstock and die cut Faith. Remove liner from adhesive and coat with Chocolate (brown) Silk Microfine Glitter, polish well and put excess glitter back in container. Glue Faith to card.
4. Die cut 2 Leafy Branches from Soft Finish Cardstock, spray with Shabby Shutters, dry, add shape to some of the leaves with stylus and molding mat and partially glue to card leaving some leaves to pop up from the card.
5. Stack 3 pieces of old music paper. Die cut both flowers from Victorian Flower Set 1 twice for a total of 6 flowers of each size. Stack all 12 flowers, larger flowers first and then smaller flowers on top, offsetting the petals as you stack. Poke a hole in the center of the flowers and add a small brad. Beginning with the top flower crumple all the petals to the center. Continue through each of the flowers until all petals are pulled up and crumpled together. Pull the petals back out so you have a full flower. Brush Vintage Photo ink over the flower using a Blending Tool. Spray flower just a little with Sunflower Sparkle to give a light gold shimmer (or spray heavily if you’d like more glitz). Glue flower to card and button into center of flower. (Tip: Remove shank from button so the back will be flat.)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies —
- 1159 A Way With Words, Faith
- 1077 Tags & More 9 – Sparkle
- 1033 Leafy Branch
- 964 Victorian Flower Set 1
- Soft Finish Cardstock 100# in White
- 607 Silk Microfine Glitter, Chocolate
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- Susan’s Garden Club CountryScapes Tools
Other Supplies —
- Cardstock, Dark Green
- Distress Ink – Antique Linen, Vintage Photo (Ranger)
- Distress Spray Stain – Shabby Shutters (Ranger)
- Perfect Pearls Mist – Sunflower Sparkle (Ranger)
- Water Brush or Paintbrush
- Discarded Hymnal for Music Paper
- Craft Sheet
- Heat Tool
- Gel Medium – Matte (Golden) for Glue
- Mini Blending Tool (Ranger)
Thank you for following along and I hope you are inspired to create something!!! I really love this card!! The gorgeous calligraphy of the A Way With Words dies can’t be beat and I love making flowers such as the one on this card. These flowers can be made with most any paper – copy paper, lightweight scrapbook paper, etc. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.