Hi! It’s Marsha here today, sharing a scrapbook page I created with the new Els van de Burgt Studio ‘Through the Lens’ patterned paper!
You’ve probably read that Els has shot all the images for these papers herself and some of these were even photographed in the Dutch city that I live in!
My page is about a different city though: Brussels in Belgium. On a beautiful sunny Saturday in September I took a train there to meet up with one of my online friends and she showed me the sights!
Steps to create this page:
1. Create a photo collage.
Photo collages are my go-to method to get more than two photos on a scrapbook page. The one you see here was created in Picasa and I printed it to a size of about 7.75 x 5 inches.
2. Trim a sheet of 12″ x 12″ white Soft Finish Cardstock to 8.25″ x 11.5″ and adhere it to a sheet of 12″ x 12″ kraft cardstock.
3. Choose three to four coordinating patterns from the Through the Lens paper packs.
I used the red and teallish blue one from the Metal Series pack and I choose the wood patterns with red accents from the Wood Series pack to go with them.
4. Back the papers with Clear Double-Sided Adhesive Tape or Sheet and use the Fitted Circles die set to cut circles.
For the multi-patterned circles I just taped some of the different patterns together with a bit of washi tape on the back before I die-cut them.
5. Adhere the circles to the paper in any pattern you like. Place the photo collage too.
6. Add a title and journaling.
For the title I backed black craft foam with Clear Double-Sided Adhesive Tape and then cut the letters I needed with the Alphabet 1 – Caps die.
7. Die-cut the triangular banner from the Banners die set out of a scrap of white Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut it in half and place the two arrows on two of the circles.
8. Add peel-off sticker circles and (leftover) Shimmer Sheetz confetti to finish the page.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
967 Alphabet 1 Caps
1117 Fitted Circles
TTL001- Through the Lens Metal Series 6” x 6” patterned paper (coming soon)
TTL003- Through the Lens Wood Series 6” x 6” patterned paper (coming soon)
2571 Jacky’s Dolls in Circle
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape or Sheet
Soft Finish Cardstock in White (12″ x 12″ Colors coming soon)
Cardstock (12″ x 12″ kraft brown)
Craft foam (black)