Kelly Booth here with a fun card using the new Paisley ‘Stage it Stencil’ and the Hanging Charm Pull Tab die set by Karen Burniston. I watched Karen teach a similar card at CHA and was so inspired by her.
This is the card I created for today!
Here are the Elizabeth Craft Designs Products I used for my card today:
I am so in love with the New Stage it Stencils I can hardly put them down.
- Take three pieces of Soft Finish Cardstock 5″.5″ by 8.5″ and cut the following pieces, textured side up: 1 Large Stitched Rectangle, 1 Medium Large Stitched Rectangle, 1 Hanging Charm Pull Tab Slider Base, 1 Hanging Charm Pull Strip, 1 Polka Dot Frame, 1 Solid Frame, 1 Hello (from the Rectangle Accordion set).
- Using a scrap of leftover Soft Finish Cardstock, ink a piece measuring approximately 4″ x 4″ with Lavender Ink, place Clear Double Sided Adhesive on top of the inked area and rub in some Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Cut 2wo Butterflies from this piece and set aside.
- Place the Paisley Stage It Stencil over the Medium L Stitched Rectangle, and use an ink blending tool to add a little green, then lavender, and then blue.
- Remove the stencil, blob a little Antique Bronze Distress Stain on to your craft sheet, load a paintbrush with the stain and flick onto your background. Set aside and allow to dry.
- Using the little square die from the Rectangle Pull Card set: Lay it down to see where to cut the opening for the sentiment (In the center about 1/2 inch up from the bottom of the paisley rectangle). Run the Paisley Rectangle through the die cutting machine and cut out the opening for the sentiment. Place 6mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back of the Paisley rectangle and adhere to the large white rectangle. Stamp ‘What’s Up?’ sentiment using purple ink in the little cut out, and color the What’s Up? with colored pencil.
- Place Pull Tab die cut under the Paisley Stencil just using the leftover blue ink already on the blending tool, rub in some light blue ink, keeping the color pale and subtle.
- Place 6mm thin strips of Clear Double Sided Tape onto the outside edges of the Pull Tab die. Make sure they are on the outside edges only or the pull tab with not slide later.
- Ink the Pull Tab strip using a blending took with green ink. Place a piece of 6mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape in the bottom center staying away from the outer tabs.
- Remove tape from Pull Tab Strip and slide the top up through the opening at top of the Pull Tab Base, meeting at the top and centering at bottom, and lay it down to the adhesive to secure. Pull the tab gently to make the mountain fold start to form. Pull all the way and make your creases at score lines to form a mountain.
- Now you can remove your adhesive at the sides of the Pull Tab Base and Place it down on to the Paisley Rectangle, centering it with the sentiment opening.
- Ink your solid frame with blue ink on both sides as the back will show on the finished card.
- Place pieced of Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back of the butterflies. Take a piece of gold thread and thread it through the hole in the butterfly and tie a knot at the top. Using some liquid glue adhere the dotted frame to the solid frame, punch a small hole in the center top of the frame. With the other end of the gold thread, attach the hanging butterfly through the hole in the frame, tie a knot and snip off excess. Attach the frame to the mountain by placing strips of double sided tape on the lower end, remove adhesive backing and place frame on to the bottom mountain of the card.
- Place a little liquid adhesive onto the bottom back edge of the ‘hello’ and place it onto the top of the frame, centering it.
Your Card Is Now Finished 🙂
Thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Green, Purple, Blue Ink Pads
Ink Blending Tool
Die Cutting Machine
Antique Bronze Distress Stain