Good Morning. This is Selma Stevenson today with a card created with the Joset Designs Lighthouse, Small Shells and Large Shells dies. It is always a marvelous feeling to spend time walking along the coastline finding shells, discovering living things like starfish clinging to rocks in the water, seeing crabs, spotting a lighthouse off in the distance. I hope this card brings back those memories.
- Die cut Lighthouse pieces using 100 lb White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back of the cardstock for the overlay die cut for easy assembly. Shade the solid piece with Susan’s Paynes Grey Tint PanPastel. Color the trim of the lighthouse using a black marker.
- Die cut the clouds from the Joset Design Rainbow Sky die set.
- Die cut the large fan-shaped shell and the crab from the (1146) Shells Large die set, using white Soft Finish Cardstock. Die cut Starfish from (1147) Shells Small die set. Sponge on colors of your choice and assemble layered crab and shells.
- Use Susan’s CountryScapes Country Flora 1 die set to die cut cattails and grass. Color with markers and glue Brown Paper Flower Pollen to the cattail heads.
- Die cut Els van de Burgt’s second largest Stitched Circle from light gray cardstock.
- Die cut Els van de Burgt’s smallest Stitched Oval using White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Use Versafine Black ink to stamp Susan’s “All Things In Nature” Seeds of Thought, centered on the white oval.
- Assemble card as shown.
- Use Karen Burniston’s Partly Cloudy Stage it Stencil to sponge on a single black seagull silhouette above the clouds. Use very little ink to keep the silhouette sharp and crisp. Use sticky notes to block all openings in the stencil that surround the one you’re adding to the card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Distress Inks of Choice