It’s Jackeline and to be in the spirit of Valentine’s Day I decided to create a card full of Love. I combined some dies from Joset Designs, Quietfire Design A Way With Words, and Els Van de Burgt Studio, all from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
Let’s get started:
- Cut a 10″ x 6.25″ rectangle from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Make a score line at 5″ and fold the rectangle in half to create a top-fold card base.
- Die cut a Stitched Rectangle from Crimson Red Soft Finish Cardstock using the largest rectangle in the set.
- Die cut a Stitched Rectangle from white Soft Finish Cardstock using the second largest rectangle in the set.
- Die cut 1 chain from White Soft Finish Cardstock using Chains 1 die set. Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, ink the chain using Mustard Distress Ink.
- Die cut 1 rope from White Soft Finish Cardstock using Ropes 1 die set. Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, ink the chain using Barn Door Distress Ink.
- Die cut two cupcakes in White Soft Finish Cardstock. Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, ink them using Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door Distress Ink.
- Apply Clear Double Sided Tape to the front of a piece of white cardstock big enough to die cut the ribbons from the Cupcakes die set and four hearts using the decorative pieces from Ornament Set 5. Cut the sentiment by combining the exclamation point and heart from the Calligraphic Elements 1 set (the exclamation point gets turned upside down to become the letter ‘I’ – a fun surprise!) and the word ‘You’ from ‘Thinking of You’, a set in Quietfire A Way With Words collection. Using the glitter coloring technique, add True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Watch Els demonstrate this technique HERE
- Assemble the card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
I hope this tutorial will help you to find inspiration for your next project and that you enjoyed it.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink
Barn Door Distress Ink
Mustard Distress Ink