Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. As I sat and watched a movie with my family, an idea popped into my head using Jolly the Mouse. I thought Jolly would make a great ‘Three Blind Mice’ card simply by using some Props – Props 1 to be exact! Let me show you how easy it was.
- Using the Spiral Circle Pull Card and Pull Card Edges, die cut the pieces shown below:
- gray card base cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4. Place the alignment nubs of the Spiral Circle Pull Card die on the score line and die cut.
- (2) pieces of pattern paper cut at 2 1/2 x 5 1/4. Place the circle edge die from the Pull Card Edges on each end of the pattern paper and die cut.
2. Using Jolly the Mouse, die cut the pieces shown below:
- (3) black shadow layers
- (3) gray detail layers
- (3) orange shadow layers of cheese
- (3) yellow detail layers of cheese
- (3) flesh-colored hands/feet/nose
- (3) white whiskers
- (2) black shadow layers of the candy cane
- Assemble all layers of Jolly the Mouse using photos for placement
3. Using Clock and Gears, Flourish Gift Frame, and Props 1, die cut the pieces shown below:
- (1) black and (1) white circle. Using black ink, stamp “Happy Birthday” onto the white circle. Color using desired medium. Optional: Place die on top of the white circle and trace around the shape using a black marker.
- (1) orange clock
- (1) gray clock hands
- (1) orange “Celebrate” Tip: apply Clear Double Sided Adhesive prior to die cutting.
- (3) black sunglasses
Using the photos for placement, assemble the card.
- Adhere (2) pieces of pattern paper die cut in step 1 to each end of the card base.
- Pierce a hole in the center of the black circle and orange clock die cut in step 3. Place the clock hands over the hole and insert a brad. Adhere the clock to the front circle portion of the card.
- Using (2) Jolly the Mouse die cut in step 2, adhere (1) to the front bottom and (1) to the inside circle.
- Adhere (1) Jolly the Mouse under the white circle die cut in step 3, placing his head and hands over the top of the circle. Adhere the white circle to the inside of the card. Tip: to aid in placement, put adhesive on the back of the circle, lay it down adhesive side up on the circle to the left and close the card.
- Adhere “Celebrate” die cut in step 3 to the inside circle, following the circle shape.
- Adhere (2) pieces of cheese die cut in step 2 to the closure tabs.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
502 Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Paper Piercing Tool
Card stock – Stampin’ Up! and American Crafts
So cute!!! ???
Love this card – what paper collection did you use?
I love this card :)!!
Great project, Raquel. I agree with Frances: I can’t stop hearing the nursery rhyme humming in my head…
super cute card, I may be hearing that nursery rhyme in my head all day now haha
Great card!! You are so artistic!
That is adorable. Very fun.
Oh my gosh, this is sooo cute!
lo ve the mice. the cane andglasses make it great. as always a great job.
So clever and fun- Thanks for sharing how you did it. Perfect paring of characters and props.
What a fun idea! Love the sunglasses!!
such a fun project!!!!