Hello, everyone! It’s Jacky here today with a fun birthday card that combines some of my favorite dies: Brownie the Cow all dressed up in a party hat, a tasty cupcake, Fitted Frames, the lower case ‘happy birthday’, and a hinge from Hardware 1.
Because this is such an easy card to understand from the project photos, I’m going to give minimal instructions. This will allow you to customize the color combination and use any patterned papers you have on hand.
I picked black and white to echo the dots on Brownie and Brownie’s hat and the dots created by the openings in the Fitted Frames. Brownie’s nose and ears are pink Velvet for a bit of tactile appeal. And you can see more little dots in the hinges, too.
Tip: Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the back of the cardstock before die cutting to save time. Velvet sheets are already adhesive-backed. Use foam tape wherever you want extra dimension.
- Die cut Fitted Frames Squares and adhere to 2 patterned paper squares as shown.
- Die cut pieces for Brownie the Cow, the party hat (from Props 2 set), a pair of hinges, happy birthday, and the cupcake.
- Connect the two panels with the hinges.
- Assemble Brownie the Cow and add her to the left panel.
- Use Distress Inks and ink applicator tool to add shading to the strawberry, cherry, candle, icing, cupcake paper and bow. Assemble the cupcake and add it to the right panel.
- Position ‘happy’ on the left panel, ‘birthday’ on the right panel, with the words peeking up past the top of the card.
- Option: Decorate the outside of the two panels so the card looks good when closed and when viewed from the back.
If you want to make a flat one-panel card simply skip the hinges and second panel, choose between the cupcake and Brownie the Cow (or another one of Karen Burniston’s Character die sets). Position ‘happy’ at the top, ‘birthday’ at the bottom of the square. Alternatively, choose a Fitted Frames Rectangles set and change the shape to a vertical rectangle rather than a square.
Display flat one-panel cards on a CardStand/Easel OR use the panel on the front of a side- or top-fold card base.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
3D (Foam) Tape
Distress Inks and Ink Applicator Tool