It’s Frances here with today’s project. St. Patrick’s Day is less than two weeks away, so I thought I might be fun to create something with this theme this time. My project today can be either a card or a decoration, whichever you wish. As you can see, my project features Jinks the Monkey and the new Fitted Frames 4 – Curvy Ovals, both of which are lots of fun to create with.
Here’s how I created my card:
1. Using the Fitted Frames 4 – Curvy Ovals die cut the following:
- (1) Set of oval frames from dark green cardstock.
- (1) Set of oval frames from green cardstock.
(Note: For easier assembly back the cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive before die cutting.)
2. Using the Stitched Ovals die set cut the white cardstock.
- Carefully separate all of the the oval frame pieces that were die cut in step 1. Take the largest dark green oval and adhere this around the edge of the white oval making sure the edges of both ovals are properly fitted and level. TIP: If you remove just a small amount of the protective backing from the oval you are adhering to the card and get that in place and then continue removing a bit more as you go along.
- Adhere the remaining ovals to the white oval alternating from dark green to green and back until you cover the front of the oval. TIP: Before removing adhesive from the ovals that have curvy edges on the outside, make sure you have checked which way they should be positioned for a perfect fit.
- Set Oval aside.
3. Using the Jinks the Monkey die set cut the following:
- (1) Solid Body from black cardstock.
- (1) Detail Body from brown cardstock.
- (1) Solid Tail from black cardstock.
- (1) Detail Tail from brown cardstock.
- (1) Face from flesh/tan cardstock.
- (1) Chest from flesh/tan cardstock.
- (1) set of inner ears from flesh/tan cardstock (you will need to use the detail body for these).
- Assemble Monkey using photo above as a guide.
4. Die cut the Bowler Hat from the Props 1 die set from dark green and green cardstock.
- Sponge around the green hat using green ink.
- Cut the brim off the dark green hat and adhere this to the green hat, so that it becomes the band of the hat.
5. Die cut the tiny flower from the Spiral Circle Pull Card die set from dark green ink.
- Trim down one of the five petals so it becomes the stem of a 4-leaf clover. Adhere to the left side of the hat.
- Adhere hat to Jinks’s head.
6. Die cut the small 4-leaf clover from the 4-Leaf Clover die set from green cardstock.
- Sponge around 4-leaf clover using green ink.
- Shape the 4-leaf clover to give it some dimension.
- Add 4 -leaf clover to Jinks’s hand by carefully separating the brown layer from the black layer and inserting the stem in between.
7. Die cut two of the Card Stand/Easel from dark green cardstock. Adhere one to the other for added strength.
8. Adhere the four inner ovals left over from decorating the front of the card onto the back of the oval card.
- Using black ink, stamp the sentiment from the Lucky Birthday Clear Stamp set to the centre panel.
9. Adhere Jinks the Monkey to the front of the card and place oval card onto the Card Stand/Easel for display. Tip: The easel folds flat for mailing.