Made by Mary Prasad for the Susan Tierney-Cockburn Design Team
Mary here today with a Lilac tag card. I love the effect Brusho crystals have when they are hit with water. I decided to use them to color cardstock for my lilacs. The variation in colors looks so pretty. For the large tag card base, instead of using the decorator die to cut through the top, I used the negative pieces to create a leafy look.
Making the Card
1. Cut light purple cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half. Using the main Tags & More 7 die, line up and die cut just outside of fold and just below top of card. The cutting blade of the die should be outside (not on the card) on the left but the hole and fancy top part should be just inside the cardstock at the top. Cut down the right side as necessary.
2. Die cut vine decorator piece from green cardstock. Before removing die, trace around top edge. Cut along traced line. Line up traced edge with top of card and use as a template for gluing leaves. Be careful to get glue only under leaves otherwise the template will not come off cleanly.
3. Die cut large decorator tag (Tags Pivot Card set) from patterned paper. Tie twine through hole and make a bow. Adhere to card at lower left as shown.
4. Spray a piece of smooth cream cardstock with water. Sprinkle the following colors of Brusho over surface: Ultramarine, Purple, Violet. Add more water as necessary. Use a brush to move color over entire surface. Dry with a heat tool or allow to air dry. Note: the back of the Brusho-colored cardstock will show so if enough color didn’t seep through add color to the back as well.
5. Die cut lilac branch from brown cardstock and 2 sets of leaves from green cardstock. Die cut 5 sets of petals and Hello sentiment from Brusho colored cardstock. Shape lilac and adhere to card. Follow the video tutorial if this is the first time you’ve made a lilac:
6. Adhere Hello to tag where shown. Tie trim, ribbon or cord through hold at the top (front of card only). Embellish with enamel dots as shown.
- Cardstock: Light Purple, Green, Brown, Cream (Smooth)
- Patterned Paper: K&Company Best of Brenda Walton 12×12 Pad 30-542969
- Brusho: Ultramarine, Purple, Violet
- Brush, Water, Spray Bottle
- Kids Choice Glue
- Baker’s Twine: White/Purple
- Trim, Cord or Ribbon
- Enamel Dots