Hey!!! It’s Wanda here!! Today we are altering Through The Lens patterned cardstock and die cutting Soft Finish Cardstock… a great combination!!! Any of the A Way With Words could be used but I chose Happy Birthday as I’m always in need of birthday cards. Also, if you swapped out the flower for some pieces from Karen Burniston’s Clock and Gears set, this would make a great guy card!!!
Let’s get started!!
- Tape stencil to Through The Lens paper with low tack tape. Using a palette knife, apply Translucent Embossing Paste through the stencil. The Translucent Paste goes on white but dries totally clear with a gloss finish.
2. Remove stencil, set paper aside, scrape up extra paste and put it back in the jar. Wash the stencil and palette knife before the paste can dry on them.
The picture below shows the paste after it’s dry.
3. Spray entire paper with Black Soot. Use a paper towel to blot. With a damp towel, wipe off the Embossing Paste to remove all sprayed on color from the raised surfaces.
4. Tear off top and bottom of paper. Splatter Old Gold paint across paper using a wet paint brush. Dry.
5. Attach background to 6 1/8 x 4 13/16″ Dark Chocolate panel and then to Time For Teal card base (Time For Teal cut to 6 1/2″ x 10 1/2″, scored midway, fold for a 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ top-fold card).
6. Cut Happy Birthday from Adhesive Backed White and Time For Teal Soft Finish Cardstock, layer together and attach to card.
7. Cut Geranium flowers from Time For Teal and leaves from Olive Twist. Add a lighter, inside area to the leaves with PanPastel. Shape pieces and assemble flower on card following the directions in Susan’s Video HERE.
8. Add a little glitz using Wink of Stella at the center of each flower piece and around the center circles of paste in the background.
Supply List —
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- A Way With Words Happy Birthday
- Medallion Stencil
- Susan’s Garden – Geranium
- Through The Lens – Stone
- Soft Finish Cardstock – White, Time For Teal, Dark Chocolate, Olive Twist
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- Susan’s Garden Club CountryScapes Tools and Mat
- Translucent Embossing Paste (Dreamweavers)
- Distress Spray Stain Black Soot (Ranger)
- Fresco Finish Old Gold Paint (PaperArtsy)
- PanPastel – Bright Yellow Green
- Wink of Stella – Gl. Clear
Thank you, Colleen!!!!!!!
So pretty, you always amaze me. New techniques and twists in your approach to stamping and art. TFS
Your welcome, Suzanne!!!!
Thanks for the inspiration Wanda!
Thank you, Kathy Jo!!! You’ll have to try it!!!
Thank you, Marjorie!!! I’m glad you like it!!!
My goodness. This is an amazingly awesome card, Wanda!
What a great technique. Thank you so much for sharing.
Thank you, Sandy!!! That’s great!! I hope you can share when you’ve done something!!!
Great technique Wanda! I’m going to try this – thanks.
I’m so glad you are inspired, Nancy!!!! I hope you’ll share when you’ve done something!!
Love this technique…how clever of you to use transparent paste on flowered paper, then spray with spray…oh think of glimmer spray! My mind is cranking! Thanx so much…gotta go do!