Hello! Summer Hills-Painter here today with an Oval Window Pull Card project. The card I am sharing today is for Mother’s Day, but this design could be for many other occasions as well.
Here is how to make the card:
To create the card base-
- Cut a piece of cream cardstock 5 ½” x 11 ½” and score at 4 ¼ and 7 7/8. Your left panel will measure 4 ¼” x 5 ½” and your center and right panels with measure 3 3/8” x 5 ½”. Also cut your patterned paper at 3 3/8” x 5 ¼” , 1 ¼” x 5 ¼”, 1 7/8” x 5 ¼”, and 2 layers of 4” x 5 ¼”.
- Adhere the 3 3/8” x 5 1/4” layer on the center panel with permanent adhesive. Place the 1 ¼” x 5 ¼” layer on the left side of the right panel and the 1 7/8” x 5 ¼” panel to the right side of the right panel with removable adhesive.
- Line up your Oval Pull card die on the score line and run through your die cutting machine.
- Remove the panels placed with removable adhesive. Using the oval edge die from the Pull Card Edges die set, cut the oval from both panels.
- Adhere the panels to the card with permanent adhesive.
- Adhere the 4”x 5 ¼” pieces to the front and back of the left panel with permanent adhesive.
To create the window-
7. Add temporary adhesive to the back of the second smallest oval from the Stitched Oval die set. With the right panel closed, line up the die with the adhesive and cut side up with the cut oval on the panel.
8. Close the left panel and press firmly so that the die adheres to the left panel and run through your die cutting machine. Keep the piece of oval that cuts out for use later on the card.
*tip: you may need to use your metal adaptor plate to cut through the layers depending on the thickness of the of card base you are using.
To decorate the card-
9. Adhere the third smallest oval from the fitted ovals die set and the largest accessory oval from the Oval Pull card die set together and cut 2 frames from cream cardstock. Make sure you keep the ovals the cut out of the center
10. Adhere one of the cream ovals to the patterned oval cut earlier.
11. Adhere the frames to the front and back of the window panel. Also adhere the layered ovals to the back of the right panel.
12. Adhere the other cream oval to the center panel.
13. Cut and assemble 8 pansies and 8 geranium flowers. (note: the geranium die cuts the eight flowers in one pass, woohoo!). *tip: add glitter accents to the flowers using Kids Choice Glue and Silk Microfine Glitter in Cool Diamond
14. Cut 2 oval grapevine wreaths from brown cardstock and 6 leafy branches from green cardstock.
15. Cut and glitter the words “happy birthday” from the Happy Birthday Pop Up and the word “Mother’s” from the alpha dies.
*tip: the apostrophe was created using part of the lower case letter “
16. Adhere the decorations to your card, and your card is complete.
Here is a video by Karen on how to use the Oval Pull Card die:
Here is a video by Susan on how to assemble the Pansies:
Thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Other Supplies –
Cardstock in Cream and Ivory
Memento Markers in Grape Jelly, Elgerberry, Lilac Posies
US Artquest Prills- Heart of Gold, Minnie Pearls
Distress Ink – Dusty Concord, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey