Hello this is Christine from Susan’s Garden Club’s Design Team with a new post. My post today was inspired by a picture I saw on the internet – a galvanized pail full of blue pansies. I cannot wait until I can actually have the real thing. I have purchased the pail and now all I need is warmer weather and pansies.
Here is how I constructed this card:
Note 1: Before you start this card you might want to watch Karen Burniston’s tutorial found at this link.
Note 2: Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the back of the cardstock before cutting the corner and frame pieces. Add the adhesive to the front of the cardstock before cutting the ring frames.
- From Whisper Blue Soft Finish Cardstock, die cut 3 panels using #769 Accordion Circle Die, 4 pieces using #770 Square with Circle Frame Dies and 4 corners using #1124 Corners 1 Dies.
- From White 85# Soft Finish Cardstock, die cut 2 panels using #769 Accordion Circle Die (remove centers from these 2 panels), 4 pieces using #770 Square with Circle Frame Dies, 4 corners using #1124 Corners 1 Dies and 4 pieces using#950 Ring Frame Edges 1.
- Take white corners and ring frame pieces and taking 1 piece at a time pull off the protective covering and add Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter burnish in using your finger. (For tutorial on applying glitter, check out Els van de Burgt’s video at this link)
- Using white 85# Soft Finish Cardstock and #1089 Susan’s Garden – Pansy Dies, die cut 8-10 pansies. Shade all the edges with Phthalo Blue PanPastels from Set 2. Add detail lines to middle and bottom petals using a black fine tip marker. Shape petals using Susan’s Garden 4 pc Tool Set and assemble. Bright Yellow Green PanPastels from set 1 was used to shade the leaves. Susan’s video is a very helpful tool – here is the link.
- Using #1105 Barrel Basket Die – die cut 1 basket from light weight cardboard (cereal box weight) and 1 from Through the Lens – Metal Series Cardstock. From the cardboard also cut 1 handle and 1 handle cover. Cut 1 handle from silver cardstock and 1 handle cover from brown cardstock. Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive, attach cardstock pieces to the cardboard pieces. Trim the basket to have more of pail shape (trim off sides of rim and flatten bottom a little more). Edge all pieces using Distress Ink – Rusty Hinge. Attach handle to pail.
- Using 1 of the white circles cut from white panels edge with Bright Yellow Green PanPastels Set 1. Attach pail to circle using dimensional tape. Add pansies and leaves using a clear drying glue.
- Panel 1 – add white frame pieces on front of panel and blue corners on back of panel. Add the circle that has the pansies to the back of panel 1 (once card is assemble center panel becomes the front of card).
- Panel 2 – using black ink stamp circle of panel using #RS008 Susan’s Seeds of Thoughts Stamp – Take Time. Add blue frame pieces. Edge circle with Bright Yellow Green PanPastels.
- Panel 3 – add #2577 Happy Birthday Peel Off Stickers to circle of panel. Add white glittered corners and ring frame pieces. Taking the dots from the blue corners add to the ring frames where the pieces come together. Edge Circle with Bright Yellow Green PanPastels. Add black pearls beneath the Happy Birthday.
- Attach 2 white panels (centers removed) to the back of panels 2 & 3 using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Assemble card using Karen Burniston’s video on accordion cards at this link.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies Used
Seeds of Thought Stamp – Take Time
Susan’s Garden – 4 pc. Tool Set
Susan’s Garden – Leaf Pad 4″ X 6″
Soft Finish Cardstock – Whisper Blue
Through the Lens Cardstock – Metal Series
Karen Burniston Accordion Circle Dies
Karen Burniston Square with Circle Frame Dies
Karen Burniston Ring Frame Edges 1 Dies
Karen Burniston Barrel Basket with Pop Up Dies
Silk Microfine Glitter – Cool Diamond
Peel Off Stickers – Happy Birthday
1/4 inch Clear Double Sided Adhesive
6 inch Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Prills (for center of pansies)
Die Cutting Machine
Small pcs of silver and brown cardstock
Distress Ink – Rusty Hinge
Clear Drying Glue
Self Adhesive Black Half Pearls
I do hope that you have enjoyed my post today and that it has inspired you to make your own card. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs website to see all these wonderful products.
Until Next Time – Happy Scrapping!
Simply beautiful –
Lovely. The pansies are gorgeous!
What a beautiful card. The pansies are gorgeous and I love the colors.
Really pretty card!
Gorgeous card Christine. The flowers are just stunning!!