Hi and welcome to another Pop it Ups Wednesday. It’s Sandy Diller here today to share a fun little birthday card with you. I live in an active adult community where celebrations are an everyday occurrence – with birthdays being the most fun. We take great joy in making fun of our age, so I thought this card was just the ticket.
1. Using the Lucky the Rabbit Die Set cut all pieces to assemble Lucky
2. Using the Happy Birthday Pop Up Die Set cut:
- Happy Birthday
- 5 stars
3. Using Props 2 Die Set cut:
- 1 noise maker
- 1 solid hat
- 1 dotted hat top layer
- 1 top tassel
4. Using Rectangle Pull Card Die Set cut 1 party streamer.
5. Using Lorna Label Die Set cut 1 piece to fit inner label and trim away excess.
6. Cut 1 piece pattered cardstock 5.5″ X 11″. Crease in center making a top fold card that is 5.5″ X 5.5″.
7. Cut 1 piece pattered cardstock 5.25″ X 11″. Crease in center.
8. Using Stitched Rectangle Die Set cut 2 different color squares for front panel, use largest rectangle.
9. Using Stitched Circles Die Set cut 2 circles, 1 – 4″ and 1 – 3.5″.
For Card Front
10. To get stitching on top and bottom of panel, remove die from rectangle, mark panels with pencil (pink one at 2.5″ from top), (white on at 2.25″ from top). Place die back on panel moving the bottom edge of the die up to the pencil mark and run through machine again. Shown above.
11. Line up panels and glue. Trim ends to match card size. Add twine or ribbon.
12. Stamp front panel using the Lucky Birthday Clear Stamp Set.
13. Assemble front panels as shown above on the 5.5″ X 5.5″ patterned piece.
14. On remaining pattered piece, using the Lorna Label Die Set, line up nubs with center line and run through die cutting machine. Fold on creases to make the pop up.
15. Fold pop up in half, using Agatha Edges Die Set, line up die across bottom. For this card, a mark was made at 2″ from each bottom edge and in the center to line up the die. Run through die cutting machine, cutting both edges at the same time.
16. Place pop up panel inside card, add solid piece.
17. Assemble Lucky. Assemble party hat and add to Lucky. Glue noise maker to Lucky’s hand.
18. Stamp or computer generate phrase for inside panel and cut using Lorna Label.
19. Add all other elements to card.
ribbon or twine