Hi everyone, It’s Joset here today sharing this Hello Hot Air Balloons card with you. For this card I used Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Soft Finish Cardstock, embossed with the Clouds Embossing folder to create the background of the card, and then used Distress Ink to color the Hot Air Balloons, Clouds, and Banners. Let me show you the steps that I took to create this card.
- 1. Cut Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″ and fold in half to create your card base.
- 2. Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″ and emboss with the Clouds Embossing Folder. Adhere to card front.
- 3. Cut 2 hot air balloons, 6 bags of sand and 2 clouds from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color using Ditress Ink. Adhere 3 sand bags to each basket of the hot air balloons. Cut string of flags and ribbon from Hot Air Balloons die set from Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock and adhere to balloons.
- 4. Adhere balloons and clouds to card front as shown.
- 5. Cut 5 banners from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color one side of each banner with Mustard Seed Distress Ink. Fold and adhere banners around string.
- 6. Cut letters for the word “hello” from Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Adhere letter to banners.
- 7. Adhere string with banners to card front. Adhere both ends on the inside of the card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Rainbow Sky (clouds)
Distress Ink. Colors used: Mustard Seed (yellow) for large hot air balloon and banners, Twisted Citron (bright green) for small hot air balloon, Tea Dye (ligth brown) for basket hot air balloons, Iced Spruce (grey) grey for sand bags and Tunbled Glass (light blue) for clouds.
Rangers Mini Ink Blending Tool Round