Hello everyone, Sanna here with my first April step-by-step card project post. They say that April showers bring May flowers. Well, I took an early start with a bright and flowery card set. I again used both the positive and negative pieces from the die cut images for creating my cards. I´ve used the Crystal Flower Set 1 and the Crystal Flower Overlay Set 2 on my cards and there is even a little bit of the Through the Lens – Wood Series patterned cardstock on my second card.
Here is how I created my cards:
- Cut a 4×8.5 inch sized piece of white Soft Finish Cardstock and adhered it onto a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Ink the white paper with Distress Ink in Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick and Victorian Velvet.
- Using the smaller flower die from the Crystal Flower Set 1, cut as many pieces as possible. Use all areas of the inked paper.
- Now cut a second piece of white Soft Finish Cardstock to the same size, attach to Clear Double Sided Adhesive sheet and use the Crystal Flower Overlay Set 2 for cutting as many white overlay pieces as possible. Take the “leftover inner pieces of the overlay flower” using tweezers and adhere them onto the inked flower pieces. This takes a while, but the effect if definitely worth the effort.
- This is how the finished flowers look.
- Cut another piece of white Soft Finish Cardstock into a size of 4×5.5 inch, adhere onto a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive sheet and ink green with peeled paint Distress Ink.
- Attach all the prepared flowers onto the green inked cardstock piece. Fill all free areas and trim excess at the edges.
- Using another piece of white Soft Finish Cardstock, again adhered on Clear Double Sided Adhesive, die cut two pieces of Sea Glass with the Jewelry Set 1 and a Hello sentiment.
- Ink the pieces with Peeled Paint, Wild Honey and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. Before adhering the flower piece onto the card base, wrap pink seam binding around the piece and tie into a bow.
- Punch holes into both Sea Glass pieces and adhere the Hello sentiment on the longer piece. Then use golden jump rings (and a pair of pliers) to attach the Sea Glass die cut pieces onto the card. Add a few paper flowers for additional decoration next to the seam binding bow and now the card is done.
- For the second card, created with the Crystal Flower Overlay Set 2 positive images, you will need a 6×6 piece of Through the Lens – Wood Series patterned cardstock (yellow).
- Adhere the flower die cut images onto the cardstock, grouping them toward one side as shown above. Trim away excess at the edges.
- Using a Stitched Rectangles die (second largest one from the set) run the flowered piece through your die cutting machine.
- Take a piece of white Soft Finish Cardstock and adhere it onto a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive sheet. Use the Alphabet 2 Lower Case die for cutting. Adhere the word ‘hi’ onto the yellow background and the word ‘there!’ (with exclamation point) onto the bottom right corner. Use a yellow marker to color in same tone as the patterned background cardstock BEFORE adding the word ‘there!’). Cut small circles from Clear Double Sided Adhesive and attach them into the middle of each flower. Apply Saffron Silk Microfine Glitter onto those pieces, brush off excess glitter and polish with your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle. The second card is finished.
By using all the die cut flower pieces we end up with not only one, but two spring flower cards.
I hope you enjoyed reading through this step-by-step photo tutorial and get inspired to try some of these ideas on your own future projects!!
Have fun creating,
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Crystal Flower Set 1
Crystal Flower Overlay Set 2
Through the Lens – Wood series
white Soft Finish Cardstock
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Jewelry Set 1 – Sea Glass
Alphabet 2 Lower Case
Saffron – Silk Microfine Glitter
White card bases – office supply store
Yellow marker – Stampin´ Up!
Distress Ink – Ranger Ind. Inc.
Pair of pliers
Big Shot die cutting machine