Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. With Mother’s Day on Sunday, I thought it was the perfect time to make a special card for my Mom using the Heart Pivot die. I’d like to show you a technique from Karen Burniston called Seamless Backing and you can use this technique for the Pivot dies. Let’s get started!
- Using the Heart Pivot die, die cut the base card as shown below
- Cut Dusky Lavender card stock at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and score at 4 1/4.
- Cut (2) Dark Fuchsia pieces of card stock at 4 x 5 1/4. Place them on card base as shown below (on the white side). Place the alignment nubs of the Heart Pivot die on card base. Use temporary tape to hold the die in place. When die cutting, stop the cutting pad in the center of the heart as indicated with the arrow. Repeat for the other heart.
2. Remove the temporary tape and Dark Fuchsia card stock. Place the alignment nubs of the Heart Pivot die on the score line and die cut the entire card.
- Using scissors, hand cut half of the heart as shown below. Repeat for both pieces. Apply Glitter Lines around the edges of both pieces. Adhere both pieces to base card. Tip: using liquid adhesive for this step.
3. Die cut the following pieces as shown below
- (1) Dark Fuchsia 2 x 5 1/2 scored at 1″. Tip: apply Glitter Lines to the edges prior to adhering to card.
- (2) White smaller hearts from Heart Pivot. Apply “Thinking of You” and heart Peel Off Stickers.
- (2) Black larger hearts from Heart Pivot.
Assemble card as shown below
Adhere the Dark Fuchsia strip from step 3 into the center of the card. Use foam tape to adhere the white hearts to the black hearts.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs: