The Bees are already hard at work pollinating the flowers! This is Selma Stevenson today with a card designed using Joset Designs Bee, Beehive, and Honeycomb die sets. These Bees and their Beehive creates such a fun card! Here is how to create this card:
- Use the largest Dotted Scallop Square die, using Soft Finish White Cardstock, to create the background.
- Cut a Rich Black card stock square measuring 5 1/2″ square. Attach the Dotted Scallop Square on top of black square, using dimensional tape.
- Cut a square measuring 5 3/4″ square. Attach Black square to this white square using Dimensional Tape.
- Die cut Beehive backing using Rust Cardstock and overlay using Sunflower Soft Finish Cardstock. Sponge overlay around edges using Really Rust Distress Ink.
- Die cut Honeycomb using Buttercream Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Die cut three sets of Curvy Leaves using White cardstock and sponge with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink.
- Using Bee die set, die cut backing using Sunflower cardstock and overlay using Rich Black cardstock.
- Die cut the wings for bees using vellum card stock. Use a white opaque marker to draw lines fanning out from pointed ends. Use a glue pen to add glue over white lines and sprinkle with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. This gives the wings realism.
- Die cut three hearts using dies from the Bee die set, using Ladybug Red Cardstock.
- Die cut five white flowers using the Beehive die set. Draw narrow lines, using a yellow thin line marker, out from center of flowers on each petal. Attach a center of choice. I had some wood, flat back beads in my stash, that I added to the flower centers.
- Using the A Way With Words, 4-Seasons die set, die cut “Summer” using Rich Black Cardstock.
Assemble the card as shown. The Beehive and Bees were attached with dimensional glue dots. One addition I added to the card is a piece of yellow netting, that I saved from a bag of lemons. I added glue to the back of the Honeycomb die cut and placed it on the netting. The netting was trimmed around the edges of the honeycomb die cut.
This card is just slightly dimensional so will fit into a regular 6×6 inch envelope.
White opaque marker
Red card stock
Wood flat backed beads
Memento Bamboo Leaves
Yellow net fruit bag
Distress Inks, Mowed Lawn and Really Rust