Hi there! It’s Marsha here today with a fun collage idea!
I started this project with a card in mind, but my collage turned out so pretty that I just couldn’t bear to cut it up. I decided to put it in a frame and now I have a happy Summer decor piece instead!
Here’s how I created it:
1. Take a sheet of 6″ x 6″ Through the Lens Wood patterned paper and brayer it with a very thin layer of white paint to create a whitewashed effect. Put aside to dry.
2. Find collage papers in red and green shades. I found these in my stash of monoprinted deli paper, leftover from another project. I like using deli paper for collage because of its translucent quality.
If you don’t have any monoprinted deli paper on hand, you can use other coloured translucent paper instead. Or you can custom print some with a Gelli Plate.
The marks on the red print were made by pressing a piece of stripped corrugated cardboard into the paint on the Gelli Plate before pulling the print. The marks on the green print were made with the Bouquet Embossing Folder.
3. Use the Strawberries die set to cut several strawberry overlays out of the red paper. I used eight strawberries for my composition.
4. Die cut a couple of the leaves and as many calyxes as you think you’ll need out of the green paper.
5. Adhere the strawberries to the sheet of whitewashed Through the Lens Wood patterned paper by applying a thin layer of Matte Medium under and on top of the strawberry parts.
6. Use the Bunch of Flowers 1 die set to cut small flowers out of thin white (printer) paper. Adhere them to the collage with Matte Medium.
Add flowers hearts cut out of monoprinted deli paper. Use one of the overlays from the Tags & More 9 – Sparkle set to cut a whole bunch of small circles at once!
Leave the collage to dry completely.
7. Trim the collage down and add it to a card with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Or… mat the collage with Celadon Green Soft Finish Cardstock and frame it!
Gelli plate (Gelli Arts)
Acrylic paint (white, red, light green, green)
Matte Medium (Liquitex)