Hi there! It´s Sanna here again and today I´d like to share a maritime mixed media tag with you!
I am definitely a summer person and I love sun, sand and sea. When I saw the new Joset Designs Ahoy Stamp set, I immediately wanted to create something summery. That is what inspired me to create this tag.
Here is how I created the tag:
- Take two white tags, one bigger and the second slightly smaller. Start with the bigger tag. First stamp anchors onto the background with embossing ink.
- Then apply clear embossing powder over the tag. Dab the residue off and heat set with a heat gun.
- Now take a blue water soluble ink and apply directly onto the background. Next spray water mist over the area. This way the ink spreads all over. Let dry and then carefully wipe with a damp cloth or a baby wipe over the tag. This will remove the residual ink from the heat embossed anchor images.
- Move to the smaller tag. Add a sentiment with black waterproof ink into the middle. Let dry.
- Now use a spray ink to color the surface of the tag. Let air dry or use a heat gun for drying.
- Take a red Through the Lens – Metal paper and die cut small stars with the Boat die set by Joset Designs from that paper.
- Take another sheet of Through the Lens paper, this time from the Stone set. Die cut waves with the Boat die set.
- Add lighter and darker blue spray ink tones to the die cut wave pieces. Let dry.
- Glue the waves with paper glue, overlapping. Adhere the stars onto the tag. Attach a strip of burlap yarn with a stapler onto the bottom of the tag.
- Use a black paint pen to draw faux stitching around the bigger tag. Adhere a piece of paper straw onto the left side of the tag. Adhere two strips of blue burlap yarn next to the straw. Embellish with ribbon, hemp cord, mini clothespins and metal pins.
- Adhere the smaller tag onto the bigger tag. Add stapled elements on top and onto the bottom for additional interest.
Some detail photos of the finished project:
Here is also a video start-to-finish on the process:
I hope you get inspired to create a mixed media tag. These are a nice addition to a present, for example.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Ahoy Sentiments Clear Stamps
Through the Lens – Metal
Through the Lens – Stone
Distress Ink (Broken China) – Ranger Industries, Inc.
Glimmer Mist – Aquamarine & Turquoise blue by Tattered Angels
Burlap yarn – Canvas Corp Brands
Archival ink (black) – Ranger Industries, Inc.
Clear embossing powder – Ranger Industries, Inc.
Blue mini clothespin – Canvas Corp Brands
Mica flakes – Stampendous Fran-táge
Black paint pen – Dylusions
Metal pin – Tim Holtz
Paper straw – Webster´s Pages
Ribbon and hemp cord
Lovely card – great colors and textures!
thank you, Mary 🙂
Lovely tag Sanna and great video again. Love watching them!
thank you, Joset <3
Great tag and thanks for sharing the video – really enjoyed it.
aww…thank you, Sandy <3
Love the tag! Thanks so much for the video. You’re fabulous.
Thank you, Marjorie <3
Wow! I adore this layered tag! And what a great video tutorial. Awesome!
thank you, Annette!! 🙂